Greenwich Street Community Capital, a subsidiary of Situs Group, originates, underwrites and closes tax-exempt and taxable loans and direct bond purchases to finance affordable and workforce rental housing by Citi Community Capital, the #1 affordable housing lender in the United States. CCC provides communities and developers with a comprehensive array of financial products designed to create strong communities, satisfy Citigroup’s Community Reinvestment Act needs, and provide double- and triple-bottom line returns. From single-project transactions to portfolio-wide solutions, CCC combines unparalleled expertise with industry-leading capital markets capabilities to offer financial solutions that create and preserve strong communities.
Employees of GSCC are fully integrated with Citi employees at Citi locations, and represent Citi to clients. GSCC professionals work in mortgage banking, loan underwriting, and transaction management with a primary focus on construction and permanent balance sheet lending for affordable multi-family housing, as well as permanent financing through Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and FHA.
It is CCC’s mission to be the preferred financial partner for affordable housing developers, non-profits and governmental entities that focus on community development. This is accomplished by providing customers with a distinctive, remarkable experience based on world class responsiveness, customer service, creativity and superior execution. This mission is accomplished while delivering consistent and impactful Community Reinvestment Act (“CRA”) results, strong financial performance for Citi and a rewarding experience for employees
CCC is looking to add Transaction Coordinator; the experienced professional will be responsible for and possess the following qualifications:
- Coordinate new deal closings (e.g., construction loans, letters of credit, and bonds).
- Work closely with deal team members from Underwriting, Asset Management, Construction Risk, Legal Counsel and other teams throughout the closing and approval process.
- Understand Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Guidelines and Systems
- Organize deal team meetings to discuss timeline, funds flow, and equity partners on the deal.
- Coordinate Due Diligence calls with Client and track open items to ensure underwriting has met all the requirements to convert, as well as other conditions are satisfied prior to closing.
- Display a strong understanding of policies and procedures.
- Review deal summaries and legal documents to ensure the risk profile and deal structure are consistent and accurate across all systems and tracking tools.
- Book the transaction in various loan servicing and trade capture systems which feed books and records.
- Prepare settlement statements, calculate impounds and reconcile deal-related fees and expenses.
- Review core legal documentation for economic terms, conditions, and servicing requirements.
- Prepare delivery packages for servicer.
- Candidate is required to have a BA/BS. A minimum of 3 years experience in real estate industry/loan administration or equivalent role is preferred. Previous closing experience with affordable multifamily deals preferred.
- Individual must have excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills, and ability to multi-task and work effectively under tight deadlines.
- Energetic individual who shows initiatives, is a team player, and has a positive attitude to change.
- Ease with learning new systems/applications required. Demonstrates good excel skills, Quick learner and ability to work with minimal direct supervision.
- Highly-effective influencing skills; the ability to be coordinate internal meetings with several parties (Banking, Underwriting, Legal, Compliance, Risk, etc.) to gather information and meet project deadlines
- Knowledge of commercial real estate legal documentation and construction budget is a plus.
Situs is the premier global provider of strategic business and technology solutions for the real estate finance industry, trusted to evaluate, optimize and manage critical assets and securities: from commercial and residential real estate, to small- and medium-enterprise and consumer lending.
Since 1985, Situs has set the standard in financial services for service, quality and execution.
Situs has offices across the US and Europe and has been involved in more than $1 trillion of real estate debt and equity deals.
We are an equal opportunity employer (m/f/d/v).
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.