This position might be perfect for you if:
- You are a self-motivated leader and are looking for a rewarding career that fosters professional growth.
- You like the ability to operate with a great deal of anonymity, while being supported by a strong team and significant resources.
- You thrive in a high functioning work environment that encourages creativity and leading-edge ideas.
- You have a desire to build, develop, and mentor a highly competent team with a tremendous amount of knowledge and experience.
- You are ready to make an impact in the lives of the community you will serve and those you work with.
You'll be responsible for:
- Leading and managing a motivated facilities team.
- A wide variety of facilities including: Professional Baseball stadium, Award winning Cultural Center and Theater, Large Civic Center, exceptional Public Works Center, and a host of uniquely designed facilities.
- Being a major contributor in the full implementation of a new computer-based work order management system.
- Managing several challenging capital projects ranging from small improvement projects to multimillion-dollar capital projects.
- Overseeing, evaluating, and projecting costs for a $6 million yearly budget.
Education and/or Experience:
Graduation from high school, supplemented by courses in public or business administration and building maintenance, and five years of experience supervising building maintenance and repair work, which involved the development and administration of maintenance program activities or any combination of training and experience that provides the desired knowledge and abilities. Bachelors degree preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledge of methods, materials, and equipment used in building maintenance; utility pricing structures; construction industry and construction practices; safe work practices; construction cost estimating; methods and techniques of supervision. Ability to plan, assign, supervise, and direct the work of assigned staff; inspect project and determine adequacy of work performed; read and interpret plans, specifications and drawings; maintain accurate records; prepare reports; analyze emergency situations accurately and adopt effective courses of action; ensure that work is accomplished within budget limitations; establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
Possession of or ability to obtain an appropriate California driver's license and a satisfactory driving record.
All applicants are required to apply online at .
- Facilities Management
5+ to 7 years