Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following -
- Coordinates and performs administrative and technical duties necessary to achieve program goals and objectives.
- Collect, compile, and analyze data regarding economic conditions and projects; prepare informational and promotional reports, illustrative charts, tables and graphs, and press releases.
- Plans, organizes, and conducts analysis related to implementation of economic development programs.
- Research, establish, and maintain various files and databases regarding economic development. Organize and analyze market conditions, program information, and other economic development programs; propose development implementation plans.
- Develop grant applications and reports; compute, collect, monitor, and track grant data on an on-going basis; provide statistics as appropriate.
- Administer, monitor, and evaluate contracts; participate in negotiating contracts with outside vendors, consultants, or organizations; monitor fiscal and legal liabilities of the same; assist with contract management and administration.
- Respond to inquiries from County staff, developers, prospective businesses, and the general public; determine focus/needs of inquiries and respond as specifically as possible; make referrals and/or introductions as appropriate.
- Act as liaison with businesses and public/private agencies; assist in arranging meetings, conferences, and public information programs; and make presentations as directed.
- Participate in tradeshows throughout the state representing the Office of Economic Development.
- Work with local county and city officials for retention and expansion of existing businesses and recruitment of new businesses.
- Prepare a variety of comprehensive studies, proposals, and reports related to program activities and assigned projects.
- Prepare appropriate agenda reports, informational materials, and other written materials regarding the County’s Economic Development programs and related activities.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other County employees, and the public using principles of good customer service.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Experience: Three years of responsible professional economic development experience.
Training: Equivalent to a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in business, finance, public administration, economics, or a related field.
License or Certificate: May need to possess a valid driver’s license as required by the position. Proof of adequate vehicle insurance and medical clearance may also be required.
Placer County is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information and to apply, please visit www.JobsAtPlacerCounty.com
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.