Greystone and Co., Inc. and its affiliates is a financial services and private investment group and one of the nation’s leading providers of commercial mortgages for multifamily and healthcare properties. We offer a comprehensive line of real estate finance products for our clients. Greystone seeks leaders and team players, candidates who can work in a collaborative environment and possess drive, integrity, creativity, compassion and a strong work ethic.
What would we do if we were designing a commercial lending platform from scratch?
It is this simple question that inspired the creation of G2 to reimagine what a 21st century lender could look like.
G2’s mission is to help Greystone provide the most seamless client experience in the world and to add value to our clients at every touch point. G2 will experiment with all facets of the commercial real estate lending business — sourcing, sizing, underwriting, closing, and even servicing – with the goal of reducing time and complexity at every step.
G2 is looking for an Underwriting Analyst to be located in our New York City office. While relevant experience is important, what is more critical is the mindset of the individual team member.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Coordinate with underwriters, production team and borrowers for collection of loan due diligence materials.
• Analyze rent roll and operating history data and spread / enter into the financial analysis spreadsheets that are uploaded into management system.
• Communicate with production team and borrowers to facilitate collection of required application exhibits.
• Enter basic third-party report data (appraisals, physical condition assessments, and environmental site assessments) into the system.
• Inspect properties and prepare inspection reports.
• Assist the Underwriter and team in the coordination of all required and necessary intra-company departments, including the closer and underwriting team.
• Work with origination teams and a “holistic” deal team consisting of underwriters, analysts, closers and asset managers to size, underwrite, and close loans for Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA, and other loan products.
• Work “on” the business, as well as “in” the business, thinking creatively about how to optimize and automate processes – how to make analog processes more efficient, and how to leverage technology to automate recurring tasks.
• Collaborate with technology teams to design products and tools that make the process easier and faster for ourselves and for our clients.
Experience, Skills and Abilities Required
• Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate Finance, Business Administration, or related field.
• 3 years of experience analyzing/underwriting loans in a commercial real estate lending environment.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially in Excel and Word, as well as web-based applications.
• Demonstrates resourcefulness and proactive problem-solving skills.
• Strong interpersonal and professional communication skills.
• You are excited by the idea of constantly experimenting with new ways of doing your job. Your stomach turns when you hear “because that’s how it’s always been done.”
• You are a natural problem solver. You seek solutions to problems … rather than always finding problems with a solution.
• You see the forest from the trees. You are able to dive into the details of a process or a transaction, but you do so without losing sight of the big picture.
• You are a curious learner and have your radar up for ideas and technologies in other industries and other parts of the world that we might adapt to improve our own business.
• Egos do not exist in this dojo. It’s all hands on deck for any task that needs to be done – no task is too big or too small.
2+ to 5 years