We are seeking an Analyst/Jr Underwriter, to be based in Atlanta, GA for our Portfolio Lending Group team. This individual will report to a Managing Director. This position provides organizational and analytical support that delivers various agency and proprietary debt products to healthcare/senior housing clients, including bridge financing to FHA, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, CMBS, and mezzanine. Candidate will also be responsible for assisting in managing the deal flow from prospecting to quoting and engagement, continuing through due diligence and the underwriting process.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Input property financial and information into Excel financial models
- Engage 3rd party reports (appraisal, Phase I, PCNA, Seismic, etc) for Underwriting
- Initial review of 3rd party draft reports (appraisal, Phase I, PCNA, Seismic, etc) for key checkpoints.
- Prepare due diligence checklist to provide to clients, including weekly follow-ups with clients on checklist status
- Receive and organize information from clients; verifying the accuracy and completeness of the documentation received
- Recognize issues and work with team to find solutions to deal obstacles
- Track timing and stages of each transaction
- Regular communication with internal and external clients related to current loan pipeline.
- Interact effectively with management assistance with the Investor, borrowers, attorneys and other third parties as applicable
- Ability to work independently on projects and also collaborate as a team player
- Handle other duties as needed and assigned
Experience, Skills and Abilities Required
- Bachelor s degree from an accredited college or university required or applicable job experience
- Three to Five years of prior multifamily experience required
- Knowledge of MS Office with advanced Excel skills required
- Detail oriented with strong organizational/project-management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong time management skills and a respect for deadlines
- Financial Analysis
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.