Realty Income, one of San Diego's premier employers, is conveniently located in Carmel Valley next to the freeway interchange of the 5 and 56. Recognized for our 50-year history of disciplined investing and favorable operating results, Realty Income is one of only four S&P 500 companies in San Diego. Our employees enjoy a highly professional work environment with long-term growth opportunities, excellent benefits, bonuses, and stock that has paid a monthly dividend for over 580 consecutive months! If you have a commitment to excellence, a desire to continually grow, and the ability to identify solutions, then Realty Income is the place for you. Our research team is looking to hire a Research Analyst who will assist with the evaluation of potential acquisition sites, review and asses tenant agreements, and perform deep industry research. Specifically, the Research Analyst will have responsibility for:
- Valuations utilizing the Marshall Valuation Services for building and repairs estimates. Researching land and rent comparable to support acquisitions using CoStar/LoopNet and 3rd-party brokers.
- Physical site review and inspections to support possible acquisitions and creating review packets for presentation to appropriate approval authorities.
- Gather relevant industry information through Costar, Industry Reports, Trade Publications, Thomson One Equity Research, etc. to assist in updating any existing industry reports and databases.
- Daily review and summarization of relevant news publications and press releases to ensure the company is aware of current events that may have an immediate or long-term impact on the performance of Realty Income's portfolio.
- Tenant analysis to assist in the evaluation of the company's' portfolio health.
- Maintain existing archival of all videotapes and organize electronic files for site checks.
- Maintain and update the market information files for use in later transactions in the same MSA.
- Review and organize property condition reports to assess the condition of acquisition opportunities.
- Partner with the Legal team regarding repairs and relevant construction issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- B.S. or B.A. with an emphasis on real estate, finance, accounting, or other related fields of study.
- 1 - 2 years of relevant work experience preferred.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Real Estate Finance Knowledge
- Basic understanding of both real estate and finance terms.
- Research industries and market trends.
- Advanced knowledge of M.S. Office to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Relational databases; data entry, creating simple queries & reports.
- Mapping software skills (MapInfo/AnySite, Google Earth Pro, BatchGeo, Regis).
- Internet research
- Excellent time management, ability to prioritize tasks to complete all required assignments.
- Self-motivated; determined to make improvements, generate ideas for streamlining department's operating procedures and file retention systems.
- Excellent written and oral communication, including the ability to make presentations.
- Positive, friendly, and helpful attitude.
- Strong communication skills, clear, complete, and timely.
- Team player; willing to offer or seek help, accept, and provide constructive feedback.
- Ability and willingness to travel by automobile and air up to 50%.
- Financial Analysis
- Research/Market Analysis
1+ to 2 years
This job is no longer active.