Who is Waterton? We are passionate about delivering an incredible Resident Experience, which we believe is made possible by offering an extraordinary experience for our talented associates. We value performance that delivers experiences that exceed expectations, coupled with an unwavering commitment to Investor and Resident service excellence. With over 24 years of investment and property management experience, we strive to exemplify what we call Resitality . We are looking for a talented Regional Manager in Chicago, IL! The Regional Manager will play a critical role in managing our portfolio strategy locally, and will be responsible for all operational and financial aspects of an assigned portfolio of properties. S/he works closely with Community Managers within the portfolio to ensure best operation practices, service standards, revenue growth, and compliance with established company policies and procedures. How you will contribute to our team:
- Monitor all property operations: You will manage leasing, collections, resident services, maintenance, administration, and policy and procedures to ensure compliance while supporting the community s established goals. Your impeccable communication and organization skills will keep the process moving and keep all key stakeholders informed.
- Financial Planning and Analysis: You will prepare, implement and meet the annual operating and capital budgets/forecasts for assigned communities. Accurate and timely preparation of reports including financial reports, analysis, and budgets is critical, as is knowledge of accounts payables and receivables.
- People Management: You will hire, train, coach and mentor the work of some outstanding Community Managers, and you will use your impeccable communication and organization skills to keep your team and all key stakeholders informed. You will also grow and develop successors and manage site-level associate performance challenges.
- Acquisitions and Dispositions: You will have the opportunity to partner with the acquisition team on underwriting and due diligence efforts for new multifamily investment opportunities, as well as assisting with any property dispositions that may occur in your assigned markets.
- You will champion Resitality: Thinking like an owner, you ll exemplify our culture and serve residents and customers, regularly exceeding their expectations and creating the ultimate service experience. You will wow our residents and your community managers with your ability to resolve sensitive issues and concerns that may arise.
- Relationship & People Management: You ll use your networking skills and your knowledge of local and regional vendors to solve maintenance issues, and manage property improvement projects. You will keep a pulse on the dynamic talent market to ensure we have positioned and grown the best talent in the right roles.
- Legal: You will stay current on and adhere to all local and state laws, including all laws governing Fair Housing. Ensure compliance with all applicable ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act), and Section 504 (FHAA) regulations.
- Overall: You ll be an excellent teammate who helps create and deliver departmental and organizational goals, including sharing best practices on process improvement, refining and introducing new Standard Operating Procedures (SOP s).
- You have some credentials. We require a Bachelor s degree, preferably in real estate, business or finance, and an advanced degree is a plus!
- You ve been there, done that . Our ideal candidate has a minimum of five (5) years of multi-site property management experience, either in commercial real estate or multi-family. You have earned your CPM designation or you have commensurate experience to demonstrate a high level of competency of the real estate investment management process. Some
- You re a great communicator. You easily manage relationships and build rapport with others, and you re a pro at motivating others. You have good presence when conducting onsite tours with owners, investors, and residents alike. You also excel at keeping everyone informed and on the same page.
- You know how to hire, retain, and develop others. You can manage human resources concerns at the site level, and you have a sharp eye for hiring, engaging and retaining top talent.
- You re a numbers person. You understand company financials and financial metrics for success, and you are a whiz at financial reporting.
- You re entrepreneurial. You are a go-getter who wants to build a strong business while challenging the status quo to meet the needs of both our company and our residents.
- You ve got some computer skills. You d consider yourself an advanced user of Microsoft Office, especially Excel, Word and Outlook.
- You like change; you really like change. You can easily adapt as the situation warrants, and you are able to focus on multiple deadlines and change as the demands and fast pace requires. You also possess very strong project management skills, juggling big and small tasks alike.
- You re a fixer. You demonstrate tact and empathy when dealing with resident and manager concerns, and you work to resolve them quickly, never losing site of the criticality of customer service.
- You get legal details. You have a working knowledge of all local and state laws, including all laws governing Fair Housing.
- You don t mind travel. This position requires some travel, sometimes with shorter than average notice.
- Competitive compensation and incentive program participation.
- Full suite of benefits, including Medical, Dental, 401K, Life, Disability, and even pet insurance.
- Generous Paid Time Off and holiday schedules and 16 hours of Volunteer Time Off per year.
- A commitment to life-long learning through learning plans that include internal and external trainings, as well as consideration for tuition reimbursement.
- Employee discounts and wellness initiatives.
- Asset Management
- Property Management
Apply for this job