The Asset Management Analyst/Associate provides support to Asset Managers and assists with the financial and operational oversight of commercial real estate assets, including, but not limited to financial modeling & analysis, prospective leasing, capital projects, valuation, property-level & portfolio reporting, and supporting the implementation of comprehensive asset strategies. The Analyst will primarily support the Retail product type but may support a variety of product types.
- Assist with leasing activity for assigned properties including the financial analysis of prospective leases, routine communication with leasing teams, tenant lease negotiations, credit underwriting of prospective tenants, interaction with landlord’s legal team, and the submittal of required internal documentation.
- Provide support to asset managers by maintaining a high level of knowledge on market fundamentals such as rental rates, occupancy, supply/demand, capital market trends, and transaction activity for assigned geographic areas.
- Prepare detailed financial analyses of real estate assets including, but not limited to the following: discounted cash flow analysis, time-weighted returns, leveraged and unleveraged IRRs, equity multiples, promote calculations, and other various financial and performance measurement metrics.
- Assist with the quarterly valuation of assigned properties. Maintain ARGUS models to support market valuations. Provide support and oversight of external appraisals.
- Prepare and coordinate the annual budgeting process for assigned properties. Assist with the review of annual CAM reconciliations. Create variance reports and cash reforecasts as required.
- Prepare, coordinate and ensure timely completion of property-level and portfolio reporting such as annual business plans, quarterly fund reports, monthly status reports, investor specific reports, and other reports as required.
- Demonstrate a high level of initiative and ownership by assisting with the timely resolution of various property-level issues. Resolve with minimal supervisory oversight.
- Contribute to the improvement of existing processes and promote the adoption of best practices as related to the above duties and responsibilities.
- Provide secondary support to the Portfolio Management and Dispositions departments as required. May also support other departments with various projects related to Acquisitions, Development, and Capital Markets.
At USAA Real Estate our employees enjoy generous benefits packages including comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401k, USAA Membership eligibility, educational and professional designation assistance, business casual dress attire and much more! Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment background and drug screen. The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA Real Estate is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Females, Minorities, Veterans and Disabled.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Real Estate, Business, Accounting or related field.
- 1 – 5 years of commercial real estate industry work experience, asset management and/or retail asset experience strongly preferred.
- Solid understanding of financial analysis concepts.
- Ability to travel and to work extended hours when necessary.
- Qualifications may warrant placement in different job title.
- High level of proficiency in Excel and Argus Enterprise.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize assignments to meet numerous deadlines.
- Excellent analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Regularly required to sit for extended periods of time; frequently required to stand, walk, and use business equipment daily such as computer, copier, fax, telephone, etc.
- Frequently required to reach overhead, bend, and lift objects of up to 25lbs.
- Ability to handle stress caused by multiple priorities, and other unforeseen situations associated with the organization.
- Eyesight and hearing must be correctable to standard level.
- Financial Analysis
- Property Management
1+ to 2 years
This job is no longer active.