Asset Management Associate
**Please do not apply directly to a contact on our website. Only applicants through SelectLeaders.com submission will be considered**
The Asset Management Associate will support the Director of Investments in overseeing day-to-day property operations in multi-states, while coordinating/managing third-party service providers. The Asset Management Associate will maximize property value and investment returns through reducing expenditures when possible, finding the most consistent and highest sources of revenue and mitigating liability and risk. The position can be in Woodland Hills, California or Texas.
- Create and review operating budgets and capital improvement budgets, coordinating with third party property managers as well as the investment and accounting team.
- Review and approve expense invoices for payment and obtains required approvals for larger expenditures.
- Review of annual property operating budgets and business plans; make recommendations where necessary.
- Perform monthly/quarterly/annually analyses and valuations of financial performance of each property through working with the investment and accounting team.
- Prepare and monitor budget vs. actual variance reports for investment and accounting department review; identify opportunities to management for improving operating efficiencies and property performance.
- Conduct and provide market research as necessary.
- Conduct on-site property inspections and work with third party property management and engineering teams to ensure assets are maintained in peak physical condition.
- This position will require some travel.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 2-3 years of experience in real estate asset or property management (preferably with multi-family including student housing experience)
- A working understanding of real estate investment principles, Pro-formas, cash flow projections, and valuation methods.
- Highly proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Knowledge and analytical skills of financial statements reviews and analyses.
- Background or familiarity with real estate accounting and tax principles preferred.
- Superior interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills and demonstrate ability to work collaboratively with internal and external teams.
- Must be self-directed, able to work independently, as well as work in a small team-oriented and fast paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Individual who is intellectually curious, collaborative, self-motivated and deadline oriented.
- Health Insurance
- PTO (vacation and sick time)
- Asset Management
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.