Driven by the belief that life is better with company, the X family of brands are projects that provide its members with the most fun and convenient living experience. X buildings are social centers with large amenities and events that bring swagger, culture, and fun to your life. All units are built for grown up comfort, with the privacy you need and the swanky finishes you’ve earned. X’s development pipeline currently spans eight markets, over $1B of construction activity, and 10,000+ beds. X is division of Property Markets Group (PMG), one of the largest, most geographically diverse, and experienced real estate development firms in the country.
The Director of Accounting is responsible for all accounting functions related to X. We are looking for someone who is entrepreneurial, detail oriented, gets energy from creating efficiencies and wants to play a role in shaping a quickly growing company.
- Oversight of project funding related processes including but not limited to; maintenance project cost trackers, preparation and tracking of project funding requests using CMIC, draw management, lien waivers, disbursements, consolidation of financial statements, cost segregation etc
- Oversight of all reporting compliance to external/internal parties including but not limited to lenders, taxing authorities, title, equity partners, investors, and internal human resources
- Coordinate annual audit, tax return preparation, and K-1 origination for complex partnerships
- Perform monthly general ledger accounting and prepare financial statements
- Maintain cash summary and budget projection and cost
- Review financial statements prepared by third-party contractors
- Interpretation and application of project document such as loan, lease, operating agreements
- Process for payment all pre-development costs including obtaining required approval of cost and ensuring appropriate general ledger coding
- Prepare, as assigned, schedules of pre-development costs
- Review employee expense reports to ensure accurate posting of costs
- Perform ad-hoc reports/special projects, as necessary
- BS in Accounting
- 2 + years of progressive, hands-on real estate accounting experience. Tax preparation experience required
- Knowledge of GAAP accounting and operations controls applicable in the real estate industry environment
- Must be accustomed to meeting multiple deadlines in a fast-paced company
- Strong leadership ability with demonstrated capability to manage, mentor, and develop team members as required
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Accounting / Control
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.