Founded in 1981, The John Buck Company has established a track record and reputation as a premier, vertically-integrated real estate operating company focused on major U.S. urban markets. Since inception, JBC has made principal investments in assets comprising more than $6.7 billion of gross value, and acquired, developed, or redeveloped over 42 million square feet of office, residential and mixed-use properties. The firm has presently closed on over $70 million of commitments to a G.P. discretionary fund.
Building on the firm's investment and development platform, our entrepreneurial spirit is embedded in every project we develop, invest in or manage. Our approach is one that includes a strong commitment to responsible, sustainable, environmentally-friendly practices and is reflected in our portfolio.
The Vice President Acquisitions is responsible for sourcing and evaluating investment opportunities for the Company, as well as managing the transaction process from initial negotiations through closing. This key member of the team will focus on urban infill land sites for future office and multi-family development as well as value-add/opportunistic acquisitions.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Meet with brokers, lenders, owners, and capital partners in target markets
- Utilize cold calling, internet and social media to help uncover opportunities
- Research and analyze local market economic and real estate trends
- Source urban infill land sites for future office/multi-family development as well as value-add/opportunistic acquisitions
- Draft underwriting analysis for internal review of potential development and acquisition opportunities
- Prepare Investment Committee memoranda and present analysis and recommendations
- Perform quantitative analysis in Excel and ARGUS software to project property cash flow, capital structure, IRR and NPV
- Conduct and manage in association with a designated JBC Construction Management Associate the due diligence process for all investment committee approved transactions including review of purchase contracts, leases, environmental and other third-party reports, estoppels, closing statements, title and zoning reports, entitlements, and loan agreements
- Assist in the structuring, negotiation, and formation of joint venture partnerships
The successful candidate will have at least 5 years' experience in commercial real estate including the areas of underwriting, deal making and overall leadership of the entire development/investment life cycle. He/she will have demonstrated a career track of upward mobility with competencies gained in new business acquisitions, entitlements, project management, government approvals, community relations and leading cross-functional teams. The role requires the vision, creativity and ambition of an entrepreneur combined with financial acumen, calculated risk-taking and tactical operating development skills. The ideal background will include experience with vertical and value-add investments and/or exposure to as many property types as possible.
Additional requirements include:
- Demonstrated experience originating and managing successful mixed-use developments
- Advanced business acumen and ability to take analytical data to an executive committee with the purpose of influencing the outcome
- Advanced negotiation skills
- A strong work ethic and positive attitude. Interest in growing capabilities, accepting new challenges, and becoming an important and critical contributor to the company
- Intelligent; possessing street smarts, energy and self-confidence
- Proven ability to create and sustain relationships with other executives and external business partners
- Executive presence at the C-Suite level
- Ability to speak clearly and communicate information so that others understand. Advanced ability to create and give presentations at any level
- Bachelor's degree with a preference for an MBA or Master’s degree in a related field
- Portfolio Management
- Alternative Investments
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.