ACORE Capital is an independent commercial real estate finance company. ACORE originates, acquires and manages first mortgage loans, B-notes, mezzanine debt and preferred equity throughout the U.S.
Our management team brings deep industry relationships, unparalleled real estate debt investment experience and access to broad-based deal flow. The team is led by commercial real estate finance veterans Boyd Fellows, Stew Ward, Chris Tokarski and Warren de Haan, who built and ran the commercial real estate lending activities at Starwood Property Trust, Countrywide Financial Corporation and Nomura Securities International Inc. During their 20-year partnership, this team has closed more than 4,000 commercial real estate loans totaling more than $40 billion.
ACORE Capital is seeking an Analyst or Associate with 2-4 years of origination and/or credit experience with transitional properties or loans to join the Origination/Underwriting team in the Dallas office. The primary responsibilities of the role include completing market due diligence, completing Sponsorship due diligence, preparing cash flow models, reviewing third party diligence documentation/reports, and preparing detailed memorandums on real estate debt transactions. The candidate should have experience evaluating, analyzing and underwriting debt transactions and/or commercial real estate. Additionally, the candidate should be self-motivated, work effectively in teams, show attention to detail and display time management skills, and be able to work on multiple transactions simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
The candidate will have an excellent opportunity to work on a variety of large opportunistic and value-add institutional real estate transactions across all major property types in the US.
- Create detailed real estate financial models in Excel and ARGUS.
- Prepare memorandums (origination and credit).
- Complete market diligence which includes calling leasing brokers/market participants for market information and researching market reports and online databases such as CoStar, Axiometrics, and RCA.
- Manage the collection, input and review of business due diligence (i.e. rent rolls, operating statements, leases, contracts, property management agreements, ground leases, estoppels, etc.).
- Review third party reports including appraisal, environmental, property condition, seismic, zoning, credit searches, etc.
- Complete credit review of Sponsors, Guarantors and Borrowers (financial statement review and analysis).
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Finance, Real Estate, a related field, or equivalent industry experience
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and Argus
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and communication skills
- Financial Analysis
- Research/Market Analysis
- Hospitality / Entertainment
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.