Assistant Vice President of Marketing OVERVIEW: The Assistant Vice President of Marketing is a key member of a Dynamic, Mixed-Use (Retail, Hospitality, Entertainment, Office, Residential) Leadership Team. This role is responsible for the continued growth and development of strategic marketing and communications programs designed to position this large Mixed-Use Destination venue as a world-class destination. The selected individual will provide leadership, vision, and direction to successfully integrate all marketing activities including, but not limited to, brand management, special events, tourism, strategic partnerships, traditional and digital media, public-relations and community outreach in a manner that supports business growth and enhanced brand awareness This position will also oversee the departmental budget and provide fiscal leadership and accountability. WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- 8+ years of progressive marketing and brand development experience
- Master s degree in Marketing, Communications
- Prior experience in a leadership role with a DMO, Chamber, BID, attraction, resort, or consumer products company is preferred
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and listening) - public speaking and media/public relations experience required.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, complex priorities and the ability to remain adaptive in a fast-paced work environment
- Proven ability to articulate a strategy in a way that inspires the team to achieve departmental objectives
- A creative and enthusiastic approach to relationship-building and creating consensus amongst various constituencies
- Strong financial/budgeting skills including analysis, planning, and forecasting
- Significant technology competency including working knowledge of digital and social media platforms
- STRATEGIC LEADERSHIP: In collaboration with Board Executives refine and implement a multi-year strategic plan that addresses critical business objectives for all stakeholders.
- MANAGEMENT: Coach, mentor and lead the team to achieve goals on time, on budget and meet or exceed expectations.
- STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIPS: Maintain relationships with and continually look for ways to collaborate with existing businesses to cross-promote and drive foot-traffic/business.
- TOURISM: Maintain relationships with industry and business partners and develop programs to increase visitation from day trippers, conventions, leisure travelers and international travelers.
- BRAND MANAGEMENT: Ensure the brand is appropriately executed across all marketing platforms including media relations, advertising, collateral materials, website, and digital campaigns.
- PUBLIC RELATIONS: Maintain strong media relationships and serve as spokesperson for property.
- DIGITAL/SOCIAL MEDIA: Develop a comprehensive digital marketing plan to actively engage consumers.
- EVENTS AND PROMOTIONS: Manage the Director of Events to develop a well thought out event and promotion strategy that drives visitation.
- SPONSORSHIPS: Maximize revenue thru strategic partnerships, sponsorships, and events.
- COMMUNITY RELATIONS: Actively seeks out opportunities to collaborate with local civic/charitable organizations. Attends community and civic meetings, serves on boards and maintains a high profile in the local community.
- FINANCIAL - Creates and oversees the venue s operating and special event budgets and adjusts, as necessary, to meet or exceed budget goals.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Property Management
7+ to 10 years
Apply for this job