- 8+ years of progressive marketing and brand development experience
- Master s degree in Marketing, Communications
- Prior experience in a leadership role with a DMO, Chamber, BID, attraction, resort, or consumer products company is preferred
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and listening) - public speaking and media/public relations experience required.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, complex priorities and the ability to remain adaptive in a fast-paced work environment
- Proven ability to articulate a strategy in a way that inspires the team to achieve departmental objectives
- A creative and enthusiastic approach to relationship-building and creating consensus amongst various constituencies
- Strong financial/budgeting skills including analysis, planning, and forecasting
- Significant technology competency including working knowledge of digital and social media platforms
- STRATEGIC LEADERSHIP: In collaboration with Board Executives refine and implement a multi-year strategic plan that addresses critical business objectives for all stakeholders.
- MANAGEMENT: Coach, mentor and lead the team to achieve goals on time, on budget and meet or exceed expectations.
- STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIPS: Maintain relationships with and continually look for ways to collaborate with existing businesses to cross-promote and drive foot-traffic/business.
- TOURISM: Maintain relationships with industry and business partners and develop programs to increase visitation from day trippers, conventions, leisure travelers and international travelers.
- BRAND MANAGEMENT: Ensure the brand is appropriately executed across all marketing platforms including media relations, advertising, collateral materials, website, and digital campaigns.
- PUBLIC RELATIONS: Maintain strong media relationships and serve as spokesperson for property.
- DIGITAL/SOCIAL MEDIA: Develop a comprehensive digital marketing plan to actively engage consumers.
- EVENTS AND PROMOTIONS: Manage the Director of Events to develop a well thought out event and promotion strategy that drives visitation.
- SPONSORSHIPS: Maximize revenue thru strategic partnerships, sponsorships, and events.
- COMMUNITY RELATIONS: Actively seeks out opportunities to collaborate with local civic/charitable organizations. Attends community and civic meetings, serves on boards and maintains a high profile in the local community.
- FINANCIAL - Creates and oversees the venue s operating and special event budgets and adjusts, as necessary, to meet or exceed budget goals.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Property Management
7+ to 10 years
This job is no longer active.