Wyndham Desinations is currently seeking a Facilities Manager for our RCI office in Carmel, Indiana. The Facilities Manager will oversee a team who is responsible for a company owned facility with over 200,000 square feet. The Facility Manager, in addition to leading a team, will also be responsible for the oversight of day-to-day facilities operations, services, maintenance and administration. This role requires a strategic alliance with operational leaders within the facility. Strong collaboration and communication with all stakeholders is critical to ensure overall success of the organization. This position also has extensive interaction with numerous other internal and external customers. The Facility Manager and facilities team are responsible for various onsite events and special projects. This position requires ongoing correspondence and interaction to ensure seamless delivery of these services while meeting departmental goal of providing the highest level of customer service.
The Facility Manager oversees all facilities services including: on-site food service, catering, security, janitorial, exterior maintenance, grounds & landscaping, trash removal, window cleaning, etc.
The Facility Manager leverages refined skills in organization, prioritization, multi-tasking, problem solving, and creative thinking to resolve issues. Additionally, the Facility Manager drives continuous process improvements, cost saving initiatives and engineers projects as appropriate. The Facility Manager develops the team in a dynamic environment and provides regular performance feedback and coaching.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee all repairs and ongoing maintenance of 200,000 square feet of facility including building systems, equipment and all MEP and FF&E.
- Assist in development of annual operating budgets, complete monthly financial reporting and oversee ongoing invoice preparation.
- Ensure team performs within the approved budget.
- Oversee all facilities services including on-site food service, catering, security, janitorial, exterior maintenance, grounds & landscaping, trash removal, window cleaning, etc. Ensure all vendors are compliant, within budget and deliver services per contract agreements.
- Effectively manage space allocation in alignment with corporate standards and business objectives.
- Manage capital improvements, remodel projects and move requests furniture reconfigurations.
- Manage the performance, development and training of direct reports.
- Navigate request for proposals as needed, bid process and negotiate all service agreements, leveraging portfolio size to optimize quality of products/services and reduce expenses.
- Optimally plan and manage operational budget, including reforecasts and monthly accruals.
- Ensure the safety, security of the facility, collaboration on ergonomics and ADA requirements with Human Resources.
- Partner and consult with various departments regarding special projects and initiatives.
- Ensure facility reflects a world-class facility and an environment of as an employer of choice.
- Develop strategic, aligned, effective partnerships with local executive leadership, maintain on-going collaborative relationships with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide consistent, clear, and timely communication of all facility matters that impact employees according to on-site leadership desired protocol.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety standards and all industry codes.
- Manage and monitor energy efficiency and sustainability practices. Make recommendations for improvements as necessary to meet corporate goals and industry best practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 4-year college degree (preferred) and 8+ years experience within a corporate environment.
- Certification from national organization such as:
- CEOE (Certified Engineering Operations Executive)
- CFM (Certified Facility Manager)
- FMA (Facility Management Administrator)
- CFP (Certified Facility Professional)
- FMP (Facility Management Professional)
Knowledge and skills
- Strong leadership and relationship building skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and problem solving ability.
- Excellent verbal/written communication.
- Ability to influence.
- Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service.
- Knowledge and experience with building systems and infrastructure.
- Knowledge of standard business and accounting practices.
- Knowledge of Excel and ability to analyze data.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task in order to effectively manage competing priorities.
- Ability to effectively manage, motivate and develop employees.
- Proficient utilizing work order systems.
- Proficient at interpreting construction documents and floor plans.
- Proficient negotiating skills.
- Ability to work successfully in a diverse population.
- Resourceful and flexible.
- Valid state drivers license and required insurance.
- Advanced skill level in MS Outlook, Word and Excel
- Experienced with work order systems; FM Systems, preferred
- 8+ years experience in facilities management
Unless there is a legal requirement, experience will be accepted for the education requirement.
- Facilities Management
- Property Management
- Hospitality / Entertainment
7+ to 10 years
This job is no longer active.