DoveHill Investment & Development looking for a project-based Construction Manager for a ground-up Luxury Hospitality Development in Sunnyvale CA.
DoveHill Development, in a joint venture partnership with a multi-billion dollar real estate company, is looking for an on-site project manager to act as an Owners-Rep and oversee the construction of a 300+ key luxury hotel development in Sunnyvale CA. This position would start in Q3 of 2019 with expected completion in Q4 of 2021.This person’s key responsibility will be as follows:
- Overall responsibility for construction / project management and construction administration activities from beginning to end (pre construction, construction, project turn over & close out).
- Responsibilities may include initial project planning, scope development, design documentation review, costing support, scheduling, assessment of operational needs, establishing pre-construction processes, managing construction buyouts, supervising construction execution by third-party contractors, and project closeout.
- Prepare RFP (Request for Proposal) documents, for various types of services needed which arise over the course of the project; scope development, budget and timeline estimates, contractor qualification, and competitive bid solicitation.
- Work with the development team to identify and assess local qualified consultants and contractors to provide construction related services for design, furnish equipment, and construction on the project to include past experience with similar projects, verification of references, financial stability, licensure, and bonding capacity. Provide bid analysis and selection recommendations.
- Walk project site daily to monitor construction process and work in place to ensure quality, conformance with contract documents, note all deficiencies, and ensure compliance with brand standards.
- Work with project team to establish and maintain an effective action-oriented communication network for the project’s approvals, urgent issues in the field, non-conforming work, and general issues.
- Work collaboratively with the project general contractor/construction manager to maintain the critical path and project delivery schedule is achieved as determined by the construction contract and proforma timeline.
- Attend all owners/architect/contractor meetings and partnership meetings.
- Prepare monthly project status reports, to include current schedules, variance to budget, potential cost overruns or scope changes. Proactively communicate potential areas that may impact schedule and/or budget and identify means to mitigate impact.
- Review third part inspection reports and manage inspection agencies.
- Maintain all required project data and records; log and track all design changes and modifications, construction changes, contract modifications and potential claims.
- Review and approve where applicable all RFIs, submittals, change requests, draw requests and invoices.
- Work with the FF&E / WHG Supply team for project planning, critical path scheduling, coordinate delivery, and installation. Act as the field representative for the FF&E team.
- Review base building and owner supplied shop drawings for coordination with other trades, conformance to design intent and installation.
- Review all contractor applications for payment and approve all in place work for payment. When necessary, interact with lenders and representatives for all construction related request questions.
- Coordinate project closeout with all project consultants, contractors, city building officials and lenders to ensure the closing of outstanding owner held permits, completion of all punch list items, and start up documentation.
- Coordinate and manage building turnover process and perform project acceptance walk-through to ensure compliance with project goals and scope.
- Work with property operations team to promote minimal disruption to hotel operations and guests on any remaining items post occupancy.
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from a four-year college or university in a relevant field of study (architecture, engineering, construction management).
- Minimum 4-5 years’ experience in project/construction management is required
- Ability to read construction drawings and specifications including Civil, MEP, low voltage and structural.
- Hospitality experience preferred.
- Ability to coordinate, schedule and oversee multiple concurrent activities.
- Knowledge of real estate development entitlement processes for assigned region, project management and best practices of construction management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proficiency in project management, budget management, and other customized software systems
- Extreme attention to detail and follow-up
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively and efficiently present information and interface with Asset Management and Acquisitions Teams, as well as Company Leadership
- Motivated and results-driven with strong work ethic including the ability to work independently.
- Must work well under pressure
- Project Management
- Hospitality / Entertainment
Apply for this job