Position. GMF’s Asset Management Team is engaged in all aspects of real estate asset management, including assistance with performance monitoring, asset visits, post-closing transition, monitoring of asset/sponsor business plan implementation, asset valuation, budgeting and ongoing underwriting. The position is based in GMF’s New York City office.
The Analyst of Asset Management will be responsible for oversight and monitoring of the Platform’s real estate portfolio, including oversight of the strategic plans for each investment, implementation of business plans and regular financial reporting.
Responsibilities will include:
- Monitor asset-level business plans and facilitate execution of each business plan through ongoing communication with JV partners.
- Analyze daily, weekly and monthly property-level financial statements and other operational metrics
- Lead weekly and monthly discussions with operating partners and third-party property management teams discussing leasing and marketing strategies as well as the execution of the business plan.
- Track, analyze and challenge return performance of individual investments against original underwriting. Identify risks and opportunities related to short- and long-term financial objectives.
- Prioritize, coordinate, communicate and direct asset management activities arising out of approved business plan to deliver investment performance.
- Review and approve budgets and forecasts, as appropriate.
- Prepare various asset management reports, and ad-hoc reporting and analysis as needed.
- Prepare quarterly reports and other periodic reports regarding co-investment partnerships. Help prepare the Annual Investment Plan and assist the partnership in meeting annual performance goals. Review and analyze portfolio performance against the strategic plan.
- Review and analyze results and returns in order to assess understand and drive performance.
- Build on relationships with investors and sponsors through regular meetings and follow up on strategic objectives
- 2-5 years in real estate asset management, development and/or related fields.
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of real estate finance.
- Strong writing skills.
- Ability to prosper in a dynamic and entrepreneurial environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Understanding of real estate documentation pertaining to accounting and property operations.
- Ability to analyze challenges and make considered decisions in a timely manner based on objectives, risks, implications and costs.
- Careful attention to detail.
- Expertise in Excel and other relevant real estate financial software.
- Asset Management
- Portfolio Management
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.