Trion Properties focuses on maximizing investor returns by increasing net operating income throughout the holding period through a hands-on management style of heavy renovation and aggressive lease-up. Since its inception in 2005, Trion has generated an average internal rate of return in excess of 30%. Trion Properties is a private equity investment company which acquires opportunistic real estate investments that need moderate to heavy rehab on a mid to long term investment horizon. Founded in 2005, Trion has successfully closed over one hundred million dollars in transactions through either the purchase of the fee simple interest or taking ownership of the asset through acquiring the nonperforming debt. Trion Properties is managed by principals whose combined experience spans over 20 years in West Coast real estate markets and in excess of $1 billion in transactions.
- Prepare accurate and timely financial statements for both corporate and real estate entities (currently 15 different entities and growing)
- Performs analysis of balance sheet and P & L accounts and records appropriate adjusting journal entries as needed
- Oversee expense report tracking and monitoring using SAP Concur
- Reconciles loan statements on a monthly basis to ensure that all loan activity is properly recorded.
- Prepares monthly bank reconciliations for all entities
- Working with various banks to establish bank accounts for newly acquired properties and provide compliance reporting on an as-needed basis.
- Performs analysis of balance sheet and P & L accounts and record appropriate adjusting journal entries as needed
- Responsible for month end close of all cash management, payroll wage and tax expenses, benefit allocations, credit card usage, and other miscellaneous accounting tasks
- Reconcile high volume monthly credit card activity and record appropriate intercompany transactions
- May assist in quarterly review and year-end audit
- Perform analysis and create ad hoc reports as requested by management
- Assists in preparing annual budgets, annual audits and fiscal year-end close.
- Prepare or assist in the annual operating expense reconciliations / estimate
This position is responsible for oversight of daily/monthly accounting functions for multiple entities in a fast paced-environment for both residential properties and corporate entities. We’re looking for someone who’s willing and able to “roll up their sleeves” and get involved in the small details. This person must have excellent interpersonal, office and organizational skills that can "get it done" and be willing to go above and beyond. Trion Properties has an exciting team in place in an environment that encourages growth from within.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business Administration, or related field or equivalent
- Three or more years accounting experience in property management (multifamily experience preferred); any experience working with real estate private equity firm is a plus
- Demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of property operations using knowledge and experience.
- Proven organizational skills with ability to set priorities. Manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Self-starter capable of finding solutions with minimal supervision.
- Commitment to excellence and attention to detail.
- AppFolio software experience is extremely helpful
- Excellent analytical, mathematical and organizational skills required. Looking for an outside of the box thinker, one who isn’t afraid of a challenge and willing to roll their sleeves up to solve a problem.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Provide ad-hoc support to both the Controller and Managing Directors on an as needed basis
- Accounting / Control
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.