The Dermot Company
The Dermot Company is an owner, developer and operator of luxury multifamily properties in New York City and the Southeast, with over $2.5 billion of assets and over 3,5000 apartments under management. We pride ourselves on our entrepreneurial spirit, team-oriented focus and commitment to providing best in class service to our residents.
This is a high-energy position requiring a multi-talented and accomplished individual. The regional manager will oversee a portfolio of multifamily assets as well as support and execute the company’s strategies related to property management operations. As a member of the Operations team, the regional manager will work closely with both general managers and the corporate operations team to ensure overall portfolio success.
- Oversee the performance of 5-10 multifamily assets, all within New York City and predominantly within Manhattan
- Hire and supervise property level teams, including general manager
- Provide overall direction of day to day management and have full knowledge and oversight responsibility for management of the properties
- Liaise and strategize with external equity partners or owners (on third party management projects) of assets, regularly advising on asset performance
- Assist with preparation of reporting packages
- Reviews and analyzes asset reporting packages, including but not limited to budget variance reports, to understand asset performance and implement changes to business plan, if needed
- Responsible for overseeing and making strategic decisions to manage expenses, maximize revenue and NOI, and enhance customer experience
- Lead budgeting process for assets under management and decisions on capital improvements
- Participate in various corporate led initiatives providing subject matter expertise and leadership. Collaborates with peers across the organization in developing organization wide processes.
- Demonstrate and provide leadership and management to property associates, create a collaborative environment, develop associates for growth opportunities and ensure that smart goals and objectives are created for each associate.
- Ensures that maximum economic rents are achieved through the active rent level management, assurance of leasing skills, and resident retention programs.
- Creating and implementing leasing and marketing plans, resident relations and monitoring compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Studies along with the site and marketing teams the market conditions, demand and supply metrics and competitors and validates that data to properly access the appropriate placement of their portfolio in the market.
- Maintains a working knowledge of company policies, applicable local, state, and Federal laws and regulations, affordable housing programs, and other applicable policies and procedures. Ensures compliance of property associates.
- Minimum 8 years of multi-family property management experience, luxury preferred.
- High standards and the initiative as well as ability to coordinate team efforts.
- Excellent supervisory skills
- Strongest of work ethics
- Ability to multi-task, have strong attention to detail and be well organized in a fast-paced environment
- Experienced with property management software, Yardi preferred
- Excellent customer service and follow-up skills
- Solid and consistent work history with excellent references
- Team oriented, self-motivated and a positive attitude
- Knowledgeable of Affordable Housing (80/20) and/or rent stabilization highly preferred.
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- Comprehensive benefits package including:
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Asset Management
7+ to 10 years
This job is no longer active.