The Finance Manager is responsible for supporting the Managing Principal, Controller, and Management team in all aspects of financial planning for real estate development projects. The Finance Manager will assist in finance and investment initiatives and will conduct ongoing quantitative and qualitative analyses essential to decision-making processes. The Finance Manager will work closely with the Accounting and Development teams, and should have a strong interest in learning about the real estate development process.
Investment & Budget Management:
- Manage the development, monitoring and updating of project proformas and project budgets
- Manage soft cost budgets & contracts, including communicating with project managers and ensure accurate reporting
- Prepare investment and acquisition analysis
Project Financing and Reporting:
- Manage the process of submitting construction and investor draws for multiple, concurrent development projects
- Prepare presentations and reports for investors, lenders and other external parties
- Update corporate reports on a quarterly basis
- Manage the loan closing process
- Manage the sales closing process
- Business Administration, Finance, or Real Estate degree from top universities. MBA in Finance preferred
- 3-5 years of relevant analytical work experience in real estate finance, development or construction
- Excellent command of Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Experience working with Yardi a plus
- Strong quantitative skills and attention to detail, demonstrated excellent analytical/critical thinking ability
- Demonstrated knowledge of real estate fundamentals and finance terms, strong financial modeling and budget analysis skills
- Strong sense of personal motivation and responsibility
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize and manage multiple concurrent projects
- Ability to react quickly and flexibly to dynamic circumstances
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Problem solving and decision making, by recognizing problems and initiating action to analyze root causes, share information, gather input and take initiative to execute decisions.
- Committed to quality, accuracy and clarity
JS Sullivan Overview
JS Sullivan Development is a privately operated, entrepreneurial real estate development and construction company specializing in ground-up development of urban infill condominiums in San Francisco. We directly manage every aspect of the development process including acquisition, entitlements, construction, and sales. Our proud record of successfully completed projects is recognized by lenders, partners, and industry associates. Each employee has a special place of importance in serving our clients and we take great pride in building a team of dynamic professionals who will thrive in our work culture. The office culture and environment are modern, energetic, engaging, creative and progressive. We want every employee to have a passion for our mission, to support our clients, and to demonstrate commitment to the Company’s success.
The Finance Manager is offered as a full-time position with a compensation package that will be commensurate with the skills and experience of the candidate. JS Sullivan Development offers a comprehensive Health Care Benefits package, competitive vacation/PTO accrual, retirement savings w/employer matching, and eligibility for our annual bonus program.
- Investment Management
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.