This position works closely with the local Asset Management Team in performing its responsibilities, which include the procedures specified for Madison-owned assets, as well as the requirements of the applicable joint venture and asset management agreements with investment partners. General goals and objectives with this group include adding value to acquired assets, disposing of the projects to meet the Madison Marquette’s (“Company”) goals on investment returns. The Investment Associate/Analyst will provide a broad range of analytical, research and general support services to the Director of Investments – Asset Management, working on specific client transactions or new business opportunities.
Reports to Director of Investments, San Francisco
Specific Responsibilities and Essential Duties
- Provide primary analytical support to the asset management group in the following functions:
- Annual business plans, including operating budgets and multi-year cash flow projections;
- Monthly operating reports, including variance analysis and key performance metrics.
- Support the Asset Management Team in the following functions:
- Preparation and presentation of business plans;
- Oversight of the various property managers;
- Completion and presentation of investor reporting, periodic asset valuation, REIT compliance, planning, costing and approval of capital expenditures, and overall communication with ownership;
- Appraisal process;
- Asset strategy development (goals and objectives);
- Market studies.
- Develop and maintain financial models to support all asset management functions, including support for Ownership decision-making.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics or a related field
- Position requires a minimum of three (3) years of experience analyzing and projecting cash flows for retail real estate properties for value, disposition or acquisition
- High degree of demonstrated proficiency in MS Office (Excel) and Argus is required
- Candidate should possess excellent financial analysis, task management, multi-tasking, problem solving, interpersonal, oral presentation and written communication skills as she/he will work with individuals at the highest levels of the company.
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy, and a flexible outlook toward task management
- Must be able to thrive in a fast paced environment and be flexible with work hours
- Travel up to 30% of the time will be required
- Financial Analysis
- Investment Management
- Research/Market Analysis
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.