The Transwestern family of companies together comprise a privately held, diversified real estate services, investment and development organization.
A unique approach underlies our success. We do business differently by empowering our team members with the resources and independence to deliver extraordinary results to our clients. It’s simple. We start with hiring hard-working, smart, genuinely good people, and organize them in collaborative cross-functional teams. We give them the support to outperform and the freedom to take ownership as they work to exceed our clients’ expectations. We do business differently, and that makes us Transwestern.
Transwestern’s Nonprofit Practice group helps nonprofits align their real estate strategy with their mission and program objectives through consulting and transaction services. This highly productive specialized practice group works with many of the leading nonprofits in New York City and nationally. The clients span is full spectrum of nonprofit sectors from social service agencies, to museums, schools, foundations, healthcare, and advocacy organizations.
Transwestern’s unique consulting model creates an environment of collaboration and shared resources. The successful applicant will leverage the available resources including marketing, research, financial and labor analytics, and a suite of consulting services to develop business and serve our clients.
The primary role of this position is to provide consulting and transaction services and to support business development initiatives. A successful Senior Associate thinks creatively, ensures that project tasks are completed thoughtfully, thoroughly, and on time. Additional responsibilities include assisting with certain administrative functions of the practice group.
- Support the preparation and negotiation of term sheets and legal documents including letters of Intent, Lease, Purchase and Sale Agreements, and development agreements.
- Support the creation of RFP responses and new business pitch materials in coordination with marketing.
- Support, develop, and coordinate business development initiatives including nonprofit workshops and events.
- Prepare and coordinate client reporting and deliverables.
- Manage the creation of financial and locational analytics in coordination with analytics team.
- Manage and coordinate research initiatives and support nonprofit database development.
- Assist with site search and feasibility analysis.
- Undergraduate or Advanced degree in real estate, business, urban planning, or nonprofit management.
- Possess real estate licenses where required by state law or in-progress.
- Minimum 2 years real estate or related experience.
- At least 2 years of Non-profit experience.
- Passion for community development and the public good.
- Strong work ethic and follow through.
- Excellent client facing communication skills (oral and written).
- Excellent quantitative analysis and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft suite including basic Excel modeling.
APPLY TODAY to be a part of an energetic and motivated team of professionals!
Transwestern offers an exciting work environment, competitive salary and excellent benefits, which include medical, dental and vision coverage, as well as a 401(K) plan. Transwestern is an equal opportunity employer. No agencies or phone calls please.
- Brokerage / Sales
- Community Development
- Advisory Services/Consulting
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job