Venterra Realty is a rapidly growing owner/operator of multi-family apartments with more than 15,000 apartment units across 16 major US cities, providing housing to over 29,000 people. Venterra currently has $2 billion in managed assets that account for more than $200M in annual revenues and has over 500 employees.
Founded in 2001, we haven't just expanded our size; we've grown into a company that is paving a new way in the industry, where our employees can really make a difference, career growth is available, and where our residents are provided an amazing living experience!
We re honored to have received the following workplace recognitions:
- 2017 & 2016 Glassdoor Best Place to Work
- 2018, 2017, & 2016 Fortune Top 100 Best Medium Workplaces
- 2018 Fortune Best Workplaces for Diversity
- 2019 & 2018 Fortune Best Workplaces in Texas
- 2018 Houston Top Workplaces
- 2018 Glassdoor Top CEOs
- 50 Most Engaged Workplaces by the Achievers Corporation
- And have 100% of our communities recognized as "TOP RATED" by ApartmentRatings.com
We are looking for people who:
- Have strong personal values and want to work for a values-based company
- Are ambitious and hardworking with exceptionally high personal standards
- Embrace problem-solving and learning new skills
- Thrive in a rapidly changing and high growth environment
- Are passionate about driving continuous improvements and the use of technology with data to drive business results
Located in Houston, the Development Analyst will play an integral role in supporting Venterra s development efforts. In this role, the candidate will be responsible for underwriting potential developments, conducting market investigation and development related research, participating in due diligence efforts and presenting investment opportunities to the Investment Committee. The position will work very closely with the development team. This will involve a high degree of collaboration to assess and complete good investment opportunities.
The position provides the opportunity to be an integral part of the team that will drive Venterra s future growth and is a position rich in learning. The candidate will have the opportunity to work with many operational areas of the business, as well as ongoing direct contact with senior executives and founders; brokers and investors. This role has multiple avenues for growth, both within this very strategic area of the business (development) and within the larger organization.
- Underwriting and analysis of potential development opportunities
- Create and maintain financial models
- Performing decision support analysis and due diligence on potential real estate developments
- Prepare findings and materials required for the Investment Committee
- On-site visits and assessment of assets and markets, locations and competitors
- Performing various ad hoc analyses for investment decisions
- Two or years of prior experience in multi-family development, or investment, financial analysis
- Strong financial analysis foundation (Deep understanding of real estate finance, asset valuation, and financial modeling)
- A very high level of demonstrated proficiency in using Excel, to perform detailed modeling and in-depth investment analysis
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to distill large amounts of unstructured/structured data into concise, actionable insights
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal the role will require frequent interaction with senior executives and the investment committee
- Bachelors or better in Business with a preference for a concentration in Finance and/or Real Estate
- A background in land development or project management would be an asset
- The ideal candidate will be equally an independent self-starter, and a solid team player
- Occasional travel to review properties, site-specific locations and to our Canadian office will be required
- Strong client relations & project management skills/experience
The Position will be located in Venterra s Houston Corporate Office and report directly into the VP of Development
- Competitive Base Salary and performance bonus
- A robust package of Health (Medical (PPO), Dental, Vision), 401k matching and paid vacation benefits, among other things
- Educational Assistance / Reimbursement
- Opportunity to grow within the acquisitions/growth teams, operations, and corporate office
Know someone who would be perfect for a role with us? Refer them to us for their job search and you could be $250 richer!
- Research/Market Analysis
- Alternative Investments
- Hospitality / Entertainment
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.