Entrepreneurship and Community Economic Development Manager
Economic Development Department
Prosper Portland is the economic and urban development agency for the city of Portland. We focus on building an equitable economy by carrying out a comprehensive range of economic development programs that support small business, improve access to workforce training, and create jobs for Portland residents. We work with partners to drive public attention and resources to different areas of the city, which helps Portland realize capital projects – parks, streetscape improvements, community centers –that would not happen on their own, making it a better place to live for all Portlanders.
Working at Prosper Portland offers a rare opportunity: to be an integral part of a dedicated team that guides the city in its aspiration to become one of the most globally competitive, equitable, and healthy cities in the world.
The Manager of Entrepreneurship and Community Economic Development will use skills to nurture healthy teams, build inclusive entrepreneurial ecosystems, and foster collaborative relationships with public, non-profit, and private sector partners. This role places you at the helm of an innovative team. As a thought partner and coach, you will support the team in developing and implementing best/emerging practices and programs that foster inclusive entrepreneurship and innovation, small business growth, community capacity to support business vitality, and increased access to middle wage jobs for priority communities.
Below are some of the programs under the guidance of this position, centered on creating a more equitable and inclusive economy.
- Inclusive Business Resource Network – A network of 16 partners who in the past year have provided culturally responsive business technical assistance to more than 900 underrepresented entrepreneurs.
- Mercatus Collective – An online platform that elevates the unique and universal narratives of entrepreneurs of color in Portland. Mercatus connects the city and region with the talents, businesses, services and products that come from diverse, local entrepreneurs.
- My Peoples Market – Prosper Portland's partnership with Travel Portland presents this marketplace gathering of Portland's diverse and vibrant entrepreneurs, makers, artists, culinary wizards and beverage crafters.
- Neighborhood Prosperity Network – The program and network of community-based partners is designed to support social equity-based community economic development at the neighborhood level.
The ideal candidate will possess strong self-awareness, sharply honed management and team building skills, an intuitive ease with broad community engagement, cross-cultural relationships and bridge building, and a passion to find smart solutions for complex issues.
Monthly Salary Range: $9228.30 - $13381.47
You must submit your application by August 25, 2019, to be considered.
- General Management and C-Suite
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.