At Cortland, you map the story of your success. We don't adhere to the status quo, we love outside industry perspective, and we thrive on exploring possibilities and reimagining solutions. As an innovative leader in multifamily, our high performance continues to drive exponential growth – and we invite you to join us on our journey towards real estate excellence. With tools and guidance to sharpen your skills, you can forge your own career path, love what you do, and let it show.
The Investment Associate functions as part of the Cortland Investments Department, supporting the asset management, development, and acquisition of large multifamily communities through quantitative analysis, modeling, and reporting.
- Create abstract representations of real-world financial environments and behaviors
- Use financial projection models to monitor performance of investments relative to market conditions and specific business plans
- Help forecast revenue, occupancy, and expenses, and underwrite for the development, acquisition, and disposition of various real estate investments
- Methodically arrange large amounts of detailed information into clear and concise reports; prepare investment briefs, committee materials, investor reports, and more
- Clearly communicate property and portfolio results, including valuations of real estate assets based on the latest debt and equity sources
- Continuously audit your analyses and conclusions to ensure accurate reporting
- Conduct market research that will allow you to analyze supply/demand and rent/sales comparable, including estimated replacement cost
- Review operating and capital budgets, and support the execution of property business plans for the Investments team
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Real Estate, Business or related major, or equivalent experience required. Equivalent years of experience are defined as one year of professional experience for each year of college requested.
- 1-5 years' experience in investment or financial analysis
- Experience in multifamily industry or commercial real estate preferred
At Cortland, we create, reimagine, and manage apartment communities for residents nationwide. Headquartered in Atlanta, GA, we have communities and regional offices all over the country, as well as overseas. From product design and procurement to general contracting and property management, we do it all – to make sure our communities are the perfect setting for living life to its fullest.
Our success is fueled by our belief in a better life – where hospitality is always a given, each detail is worth a second thought, and every open door is a new opportunity to go beyond expectations. We come to work every day to create possibilities for people – possibilities that translate into superior living spaces and experiences designed to inspire our residents, associates, and investors to live a better life focused on what matters most to them.
Cortland is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud to support and celebrate diversity in the workplace. We are committed to equal consideration for all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you have a disability and need an accommodation or assistance with the application process and/or using our website, please call .
Cortland is a drug-free workplace.
Cortland participates in e-verify to verify the employment status of all persons hired to work in the United States.
- Financial Analysis
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.