The District of Columbia’s Office of the Deputy Mayor for Planning and Economic Development (DMPED) assists the Mayor in the coordination, planning, supervision, and execution of economic development efforts in the District of Columbia with the goal of creating and preserving affordable housing, creating jobs, and increasing tax revenue. More information is available on the DMPED’s website at . DMPED is seeking a Supervisory Project Manager for its Real Estate Development unit.
The Real Estate Development unit implements real estate development projects involving District-owned land which support the District’s goals of promoting stronger neighborhoods in all 8 Wards. This unit is engaged in the following 4 activities: (1) Development and Disposition—managing a portfolio of real estate development projects; (2) New Communities Initiative—managing projects envisioned to revitalize severely distressed subsidized housing and redevelop neighborhoods into vibrant mixed-income communities; (3) St. Elizabeth’s East—managing a project designed to create well-planned, multi-use, mixed-income, walkable, livable community on the St. Elizabeth’s East Campus, including the Entertainment and Sports Arena; and (4) Walter Reed Army Medical Center—providing administrative support to the Walter Reed Army Medical Center Local Redevelopment Authority and manages implementation of the reuse plan.
As a Supervisory Project Manager for Real Estate at DMPED, you will be part of a unique public office that sits in the Executive Office of the Mayor and helps guide the future growth of the District. The Associate Director of Real Estate is responsible for managing a team of project managers, each of whom manage a portfolio of real estate development, financing, and related projects. The incumbent of this position assists the Director of Real Estate with managing the staff who perform/manage the due diligence, financial analysis, negotiation and construction of over 80 projects and represents an $10+ billion development portfolio, with the focus on helping to grow the District by creating jobs, generating tax revenue and developing and preserving affordable housing.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Work in tandem with the Director of Real Estate to move projects forward.
- Provide specific managerial support and development expertise to project manager staff to leverage the duties of the Director of Real Estate.
- Coordinate between various internal District and external federal agencies to ensure project completion.
- Provide needed information to external stakeholders, including but not limited to, DC Council, community leaders, real estate developers and media.
- Coordinate policies, procedures and communication matters among the real estate team.
- Advanced degree in urban planning, real estate, business, public policy, economics, law or related field preferred.
- A minimum of 8-10 years of work experience in real estate banking, real estate development, finance, consulting, urban planning, and/or public policy required.
- A minimum of 2-4 years management experience of direct report staff.
- Comprehensive knowledge of executing complicated and numerous commercial and residential real estate development and leasing transactions.
- Strong familiarity and experience implementing District and national affordable housing programs.
- Strong experience with project management duties including project implementation from conception to completion.
- Strong and comprehensive understanding of District economic development issues, neighborhoods and real estate markets.
- Strong experience leading community engagement and/or executive stakeholder management.
- Proven strength in analysis with the use of spreadsheets, database and presentation applications, including Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with all levels of internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work with a range of audiences and stakeholders from diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise tact and discretion in dealing with persons at various levels and in various job categories.
Salary: This position is a grade 14 on the District government’s career service salary scale. The salary ranges from $104,702-$146,582. Actual salary is determined by a variety of factors including: years of experience, applicant qualifications, internal equity comparisons and the agency organizational structure.
Application Process: This position is posted on the DC government’s Department of Human Resources (DCHR) website. Interested applicants are encouraged to follow the steps below to apply for the position:
- Click on the following link:
- In the Search Jobs section, enter 8067
- Click on the job requisition entitled Supervisory Project Manager
7+ to 10 years
This job is no longer active.