Arrowroot Real Estate is seeking a full-time Financial Analyst to support the acquisitions and asset management team in underwriting multifamily investments throughout the country. The Financial Analyst assumes responsibilities including financial analysis, due diligence, and market research. They will work directly with senior management and Principals in the firm in a fast paced environment.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Assist in the underwriting and valuation of multifamily real estate using historical financial statements, pro-formas and discounted cash flow analysis.
- Overlay analysis in fund models to provide recommendations on current and prospective underlying assets based on desired fund structure.
- Conduct various types of financial analysis including but not limited to: acquisition, hold-sell, renovation return on cost, seller financial audit, and various other financial analysis consistent with multifamily acquisitions and asset management.
- Track historical income and expense data for portfolio assets to continually improve internal underwriting assumptions.
- Perform market research for current and prospective assets which includes, but is not limited to, rent comp, sales comp, replacement cost, demographic, supply pipeline & construction trends, submarket employment growth & drivers, and various other market analysis consistent with multifamily acquisitions and asset management.
- Develop detailed prospectus for acquisitions to be reviewed by institutional clients.
- Strong analytic skills and an excellent working knowledge or mastery of Microsoft Excel, including the ability to create, modify, and analyze financial models and calculate investment returns
- Ability to efficiently manage time, produce high quality work under deadline pressures, and successfully prioritize and simultaneously manage a heavy workload.
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn and contribute to organization’s goals and growth.
- Excellent attention to detail and high standard for accuracy.
- Outstanding organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- 3 -5 years of relevant experience and sound fundamental knowledge of financial analysis; experience with real estate valuations.
- Mastery in MS Excel, as well as proficiency in MS Word & PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability in interpersonal and business communications; excellent writing skills required.
- Completed a bachelor’s or master’s degree, preferably with a concentration in real estate, finance, mathematics, business, or similar subject matter.
- CPA is desirable but not a requirement.
- Financial Analysis
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.