About Campus Apartments:
Campus Apartments (CA), headquartered in Philadelphia, is a vertically-integrated real estate company that acquires, develops, and operates multiple types of on- and off-campus university-related real estate, including: undergraduate, graduate and faculty housing; retail, hotel, and academic / administrative office space. As one of the nation’s largest student housing operators, we own and/or manage a portfolio of over 25,000 beds in 18 states, representing over $1.5 billion in assets under management.
Campus Apartments is seeking an Asset Manager for immediate hire to join our growing team and to be involved in all aspects of the Company’s asset management activities, ranging from asset level due diligence of potential acquisition and development opportunities through on-going asset management and portfolio level reporting. The Asset Manager will report to the Senior Vice President of Asset Management.
- Identify and implement strategic asset level initiatives through market research and operating data analysis;
- Asset manage a portfolio of student housing assets independently;
- Coordinate the development of Annual Business Plans and Quarterly Reports by assisting in the preparation of property operating and capital budgets;
- Support property- and portfolio-level accounting;
- Prepare financial analysis to track historic portfolio and property level results in comparison to industry benchmarks;
- Assist with preparation and creation investment committee presentations;
- Playing a key role in managing the due diligence materials and process for potential acquisition opportunities and property level mortgage financing;
- Working with legal counsel in the negotiation and preparation of loan documents;
- Prepare and execute strategic implementation of property-level revenue enhancement including, but not limited to, rent optimization, expense management, and value add opportunities;
- Participate in property level budget review and approval process utilizing proprietary metrics to accurately forecast property level NOI and cash flow as well as monitor property and portfolio performance; and
- Prepare performance reports on a quarterly basis at the property and fund level.
- Strong quantitative background and understanding of financial analysis concepts (DCF, IRR, etc.);
- Strong Excel modeling skills and proficiency in Word and PowerPoint;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (writing sample preferred);
- Analytical problem solving skills with capability to undertake detailed analyses and make well-reasoned, decisive recommendations;
- Real estate acquisitions/investment underwriting experience, including a minimum of five years of in-depth experience underwriting student housing and/or multifamily investment opportunities.
- Familiarity with all pertinent real estate transactional documents and processes such as purchase agreements, operating agreements, loan documents, etc.
- Willingness to travel frequently;
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail, and commitment to meeting deadlines; and
- Outstanding academic credentials (an advanced degree in Accounting, Finance or Real Estate or a CFA designation is preferred).
Qualified candidates should submit the following information:
- Brief cover letter indicating key strengths and reasons for interest in this position; and
- Current resume.
- Asset Management
- Portfolio Management
- Property Management
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.