Century City, CA
Gemini Rosemont is a fully integrated market leader in commercial property acquisitions and management that is focused on delivering attractive returns to institutional and retail investors. The company is headquartered in Santa Fe, New Mexico with regional offices in Dallas, Denver, Houston, Los Angeles, New York City, San Antonio, and Tulsa. The company’s portfolio includes 36 properties totaling approximately 8.1 million square feet located in 14 states. We take pride in acquiring amenity-rich assets that provide our tenants and prospective tenants with options that maximize their occupancy experience. Gemini Rosemont is currently searching for a Corporate Accountant.
The right candidate will: Plan and execute all aspects of corporate accounting and financial reporting. This position reports to the Director of Financial Reporting.
- Maintain accounting department priorities and strategic initiatives.
- Ensure accurate reporting of revenue, expenses and balance sheet, in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and IFRS standards.
- Overview, review and approval of corporate level accounting functions including corporate accounting allocations and fees.
- Manage monthly, quarterly and year end closing processes, including reconciliations and analysis of related accounts.
- Develop and maintain the integrity of the corporate accounting process and financial controls.
- Coordinate, develop and update written policies and procedures over the financial reporting process.
- Maintain and strengthen internal controls over financial reporting.
- Research and resolve accounting issues including evaluation and implementation of new accounting pronouncements to ensure US GAAP and IAS compliance.
- Prepare monthly consolidation entries and workbooks.
- Prepare waterfall calculations.
- Prepare monthly supporting schedules for the financial statements including investment rollforwards, bank and other reconciliations.
- Manage and coordinate annual audits.
- Assist with special projects related to quarterly close reporting process, budgets, internal audit, external audit, investor and lender requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance: CPA highly desirable.
- 7+ years of experience at a senior level.
- Strong excel skills preferred.
- Strong consolidation and analytical experience with the ability to coach and train staff.
- Highly motivated, highly organized, diligent, creative, and focused self-starter.
- Experience in researching and documenting technical accounting issues.
- Superior analytical skills, logical in problem solving and focused on continuous improvement with high attention to detail and a strong work ethic.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to interact well with all levels within the Company.
- Polished professional demeanor with strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage competing priorities while staying focused and meeting deadlines without sacrificing accuracy.
- Public accounting background and commercial real estate accounting experience preferred.
- Proficiency with Yardi preferred.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and organize
- Exercise a high degree of independent judgement and problem-solving skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong partnership and in-depth understanding of the customer’s business and current issues
Questions??? Contact Connie Enriquez @ 424.404.6011
EOE Employer – Competitive salary and benefit package
- Accounting / Control
7+ to 10 years
This job is no longer active.