Property Assistant Controller
Century City, CA
Gemini Rosemont is a fully integrated market leader in commercial property acquisitions and management that is focused on delivering attractive returns to institutional and retail investors. The company is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA with regional offices in Dallas, Denver, Houston, New York City, San Antonio, and Tulsa. The company's portfolio includes 36 properties located in 14 states. We take pride in acquiring amenity-rich assets that provide tenants and prospective tenants with options that maximize their occupancy experience. Gemini Rosemont is currently searching for a Property Assistant Controller.
The right candidate will: Plan and execute all aspects of property accounting and financial reporting. This position reports to the Senior Finance Director.
- Provide day-to-day financial operations for the Property Management Team.
- Performance of the property accounting functions for a portfolio of properties (detailed functions are included below)
- Manage a team of internal and external property managers, including detailed review of their work (detailed functions are included below).
- Monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting.
- Loan compliance reporting.
- Manage new acquisitions onboarding including preparing opening entries.
- Prepare property sale entries, proration and work with buyer accountant post sale (tenant collections, CAM reconciliations, etc.)
- Variance comments.
- Sales tax and franchise tax calculations.
- Bank reconciliations
- CAM reconciliations
- Reconciliations of tenant accounts as necessary
- Annual budgets
- Property management fee calculations
- Lease agreements review and set-up in Yardi
- Help manage annual audits
- Assist with special projects related to quarterly close reporting process, budgets, internal audits, external audits, investor and lender requirements.
- 5+ years work experience in commercial accounting
- Experience with Yardi Software a plus
- Understand lease agreements and lease terms
- Proficient in Microsoft software
- Ability to learn employer specific web-based software programs
- Bachelor's Degree in commercial accounting or related field
- Supervisory experience
- Strong organizational skills and time management skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and organize
- Exercise a high degree of independent judgment and problem-solving skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong partnership and in-depth understanding of the customer's business and current issues
- Interact with employees, visitors, and customer service organizations
- Demonstrate strong initiative and customer service organization
- Exchange ideas, information and opinions with other to formulate policies and solve problems.
- Though occurrences are rare, be accessible 254 hours a day in case of emergency
- Questions??? Contact Connie Enriquez @424.404.6011
EOE Employer - Competitive salary and benefit package
- Accounting / Control
- Property Management
Apply for this job