Real Estate Acquisitions Senior Analyst/Associate
The Naftali Group has an immediate opening for a highly intelligent, motivated and detail-oriented Senior Analyst to join our Acquisitions Team located in New York City.
This is an opportunity for an individual to join a thriving, fast-paced, highly entrepreneurial investment firm. The Acquisitions Analyst will have direct participation and exposure to the acquisition and development process. They will report directly to the Head of Acquisitions and have regular exposure to the CEO and Chairman, allowing them to rapidly expand their industry knowledge, financial structuring ability, development skills and overall business acumen.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Analyst will play an integral role by supporting the acquisitions team in the identification and analysis of real estate investment opportunities. Major responsibilities include:
- Financial Analysis: Analyze and underwrite potential acquisition and development opportunities utilizing Excel and Argus software. Prepare cash flow models that will be utilized to evaluate real estate investments, including equity, debt and joint venture structures over a range of different asset types.
- Investment Memoranda: Prepare various presentations, including deal recommendations, opportunity summaries and investment decks in connection with equity and debt financings; ability to liaise directly with lenders and capital partners.
- Due Diligence: Support the transaction due diligence and closing processes; collect due diligence materials and assemble data rooms, utilize information to adjust underwriting, handle follow-up information requests, review due diligence materials.
- Market Research: Provide research support utilizing online, internal and external resources. Conduct customized research projects and track competitive properties.
- Credit Analysis: Underwrite prospective senior mortgage loans, mezzanine loans and preferred equity investments in development projects.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Undergraduate degree with a concentration in real estate, finance, economics or other business discipline. Master’s degree a plus
- Minimum of 2-4+ years of outstanding experience at a top real estate investment bank, real estate development, private equity, or consulting firm.
- Advanced Excel, Power Point and Word capabilities are required; Argus experience preferred
- Experience modeling complicated waterfall structures required
- Demonstrated track record of high achievement in demanding professional and academic settings
- Self-motivated and hard-working
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including writing/composition, oral, and listening
- Ability to think strategically and to present information in a clear and concise manner
- Strong organizational and administrative skills with a keen attention to detail
- Motivated and results-driven with strong work ethic and integrity
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize many time-sensitive assignments simultaneously
- Ability to network and utilize relationships in order to drive business a major plus, and a potential fast track to a leadership role within the company
Interested candidates should submit their resume, cover letter and salary expectations.
- Financial Analysis
- Due Diligence
- Alternative Investments
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job