EDENS, a national leading retail real estate developer, owner and operator, is looking for a Director of Development to join our team. The Director of Development will manage development and redevelopment projects within EDENS’ Mid-Atlantic Region. Projects will typically range in size from $15M-$30M+ focusing on retail -- with potential for larger mixed-use developments.
- Direct development/redevelopment projects from design to project stabilization.
- Manage financial underwriting, risk synopsis, budgeting, scheduling and project milestones (incl. design, leasing, construction and operations), reporting, and sustainability assessments.
- Facilitate weekly project meetings with all appropriate team members.
- Partner with a variety of disciplines including leasing, marketing, design, entitlement, construction, tenant coordination, and operations.
- Oversee capital requirements for all developments and redevelopment projects; providing regular analysis on draws.
- Manage projects within existing portfolio and assist in analyzing new opportunities to build pipeline.
- Direct report to the Chief Development Officer.
- A passion for retail and enriching communities.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in development, project management, and financial underwriting.
- Able to manage multiple priorities and anticipate upcoming challenges.
- 4-year degree in real estate, finance, or related area.
About EDENS: EDENS is a retail real estate owner, operator, and developer of a nationally leading portfolio of 120 places. Our sole purpose is to enrich community through human engagement. We design our places to achieve 3.5 trips per week and 5 hours of dwell time. We know that when people come together, they feel a part of something bigger than themselves and prosperity follows – economically, socially, culturally and soulfully. Our work is bigger than real estate; we are in the business of humanity.
- Financial Analysis
- Project Management
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.