This position is responsible for the execution and ongoing management of the global real estate strategy at the portfolio and individual site level. Responsible for the delivery, management and financial performance related to commercial real estate transactions for SC Johnson’s global real estate portfolio including lease transactions, building acquisitions and dispositions and other portfolio assessments. Provide management of third party broker partnerships, financial and qualitative analysis and management of real estate database/reporting function.
Develop and execute real estate transaction strategies to align with business unit goals and objectives, specific location requirements and plans for future real estate needs, including land/building acquisitions/leases. Develop standard processes and tools to assist with the execution of the real estate strategy.
- Partner with global leadership and business teams to build relationships and enable strategic planning, managing and executing on a variety of real estate needs for proactive real estate portfolio management.
- Coordinate and communicate with business representatives to determine their real estate requirements for specific projects, develop solutions to meet their requirements, manage the process, internal and external resources to complete the negotiations and finalize contracts per the company policy.
- Oversee and/or execute transactions with a high level of proficiency and knowledge ensuring seamless communication, proper financial and operational controls, consistent follow up and reporting, and timely execution. Includes summarizing complex deal details into executive summary for approval.
- Provide market information to business partners as needed for strategic planning/decision analysis.
- Provide informative project tracking reports and deal summaries.
- Develop and implement strategies for 3rd party broker partnerships in the delivery of real estate transaction services ensuring high level of performance and results.
- Ensure the real estate database is maintained timely and accurately, leveraging outside resources when applicable, and providing standard and ad hoc reporting.
- Facilitate desktop audits of operating expenses, where applicable.
- Work with in-house and outside legal counsel, risk management and tax, as needed, in reviewing all documentation relating to any transaction and thoroughly analyze lease documentation to assist in this effort
- Ensure coordination with Global Project Management on transactions with projects and provide portfolio strategy and planning intelligence for the capital budgeting processes.
- Provide ongoing thought leadership, process improvements and industry best practices.
- Identify and implement ongoing process improvements and expansion of global real estate function.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Real Estate, or related field
- 5+ years or more of Corporate Real Estate experience within a multi-national company; Experience with domestic and global, office and industrial property transactions preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in strategic planning, market reviews, site acquisition and disposition
- Proven financial/analytical, lease negotiation, contract management & real estate database skills.
- Experience working with business clients to achieve real estate objectives
- Preferred experience managing 3rd party brokers. Strong skill set in contract review and lease/purchase and sale negotiations
- Knowledge of real estate leases and accounting are imperative
- Collaborate with management on setting strategic objectives and priorities.
- Ability to work independently, demonstrates analytical process and takes responsibility for creating a solution
- High level of customer service, professionalism and ability to collaborate required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly detail oriented individual with ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced, team environment
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Affiliation with real estate associations and progress towards professional designations preferred (MCR, SIOR)
- Portfolio Management
5+ to 7 years