Property Manager will oversee the daily operations of their assigned commercial property and ensure that income is maximized, expenses are minimized, and the total value of the asset(s) is maintained. Key areas of responsibility include customer relations, property operations, construction, lease and contract administration and financial management and analysis.
Brixton Capital is seeking a Property Manager who;
- Is a leader in the industry with local market knowledge
- Works collaboratively with other departments to execute the Owner’s strategic plan
- Oversees the physical and fiscal performance to meet Owner’s objectives
- Demonstrates solid time management and organization skills with the ability to prioritize day-to-day tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Uses discretion to make decisions within parameters set by executive team
- Monitors performance and progress so that projects are completed in a timely manner
- Builds relationships with retailers, neighboring businesses, various City departments and committees
- Identifies and communicates ineffective or inefficient processes and formulates process improvements
- Exemplary Customer Service and Tenant Relations
- Develop cooperative relationships with vendors to obtain best pricing and quality service
- Prepare detailed annual operating budgets
- Manage the physical plant based on the budget provided and in accordance with building standards
- Collection of rent in a professional and timely manner ensures a healthy balance sheet. Pro-active, consistent efforts to collect rent and determine any uncollectible balance will ensure that the business plan is being executed
- Generate ancillary income through events, or other avenues to maximize the use of property attributes
- Prepare monthly expense variance reports for any expense variance
- Oversee capital expenditures, including selection and oversight of, all third-party vendors
- Develop marketing budget consistent with project goals
- Onsite event management and coordination
- Customer focus, interpersonal savvy, oral and written communication skills
- Priority setting, decisiveness, time-management skills and ability to work in team environment
- Trust and integrity
- Creative problem solving
- Manages change with a strong capacity to adapt quickly to any situation
- Sales and negotiation skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related field; coupled with 5+ years of property management experience
- Quantitative and analytical skills
- Knowledge of GAAP, leasing, contracts and industry-related terminology
- Experience in project management, tenant coordination and mitigating risk on property level
- Intermediate level proficiency with current Microsoft Office software (specifically Excel), email and internet research functionality
- Strong working knowledge of Yardi
Role reports to V.P. of Property Management and Ownership
Brixton is an equal opportunity employer. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex (including sexual or gender identity), religion, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, age, marital or veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or medical condition.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to type, stand, walk, sit, talk and hear.
- Property Management
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.