We are a San Francisco based, real estate company. We manage a portfolio of residential properties as well as construct new homes in San Francisco and the greater bay-area. We are a small team of dedicated team members. We're growing fast and we're looking for an outstanding real estate development Project Management Intern to be a part of our team. The internship will allow an opportunity to work together and evaluate if we are the right fit for each other, for a long-term growth career opportunity.
Who you are:
You are a motivated self-starter with some experience in construction and real estate. You are extremely responsible, trustworthy and reliable. You have a solid work ethic. You don't mind getting your hands dirty. You anticipate problems and take ownership when the ball is dropped. You can get high quality jobs done at a fraction of the price. You go the extra mile and don't stop until the job gets done. You have Strong organizational, time management, analytical, problem-solving, verbal and written communication skills. You have a strong ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced startup environment without becoming overwhelmed. Ability to follow directions and take initiative when required.
Responsible, organized, "willing to help" attitude, resourceful and a quick learner
What you must have:
• College degree is a must (or working towards one)
• Experience in the construction industry will be a huge plus.
• Excellent follow-up skills for quotes, emails and phone-calls to complete tasks.
• Excellent organizational, team management, problem-solving, motivational skills.
• Computer literacy is required. Proficiency in Google Docs, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Outlook
• Possession of a valid Driver's License and a car
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to meet deadlines without sacrificing quality
• Ability to thrive and multi-task in fast paced, changing environment with a "can-do" attitude
• Assistance with scheduling meetings and calendar appointments
• Ad Hoc tasks as required.
• Experience with financial analysis and spreadsheets in Excel
• Spanish or Cantonese speaking not required but a plus
What you will do
- Support to Project Management team in any way needed. This includes project progress photos and project visits, obtaining quotes and bids from various vendors, working with the designers of projects, scheduling deliveries, and more.
- Attend project progress meetings and maintain project progress calendars
- Engage in active construction management, working with contractors, utility companies like PG&E and the water departments etc and the owners.
- Management of multiple rental properties. This includes but is not limited to tenant repairs, coordinating cleaners, screening potential tenants, check-in emails, calendar management, and more.
- Maintenance of all project files with plans, permits, invoices, budgets, etc. These files are both physical and digital
What you will learn by working with us:
• You will learn how a home (or building) is created from ground up: foundation, framing, sheetrock, paint, interior design, etc. You will learn all the details about home building
• You will slowly learn design
• You will learn the entire ecosystem of what creates a beautiful home. You will enter into the world of general contractors, architects, designers, City of San Francisco (and other counties) planning and building departments and more.
• You will become an excellent project manager if you have the organizational skills, ambition and willingness to take ownership
This is a paid position. The position will be out of our San Francisco office with regular travel to job sites located in San Francisco and Silicon Valley.
Please read the entire ad. Please apply only if you meet the job requirements.
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.