Vice President - Asset Management
Stockbridge is an established real estate investment firm with over $14.9 billion in AUM across a wide range of investment strategies and asset types across the U.S with offices in San Francisco, Atlanta, and Chicago.
This is an exciting opportunity to oversee an $800 million portfolio comprised of institutional quality assets within the southeast and southwest markets including Atlanta, Nashville, Austin and Houston and work closely with the Portfolio Management Team. A minimum of five to eight years of direct real estate industry experience is required with experience in office, industrial, and retail asset classes strongly preferred. This is both a qualitative and quantitative position. Strong analytical, critical thinking and writing skills are also necessary. The ideal candidate will enjoy having autonomy, while working in a collaborative environment. The Vice President will be supported by an Analyst.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct responsibility of office, industrial, and retail properties held by our comingled funds as well as separate account clients.
- Prepare strategic plans for assigned properties and contribute to overall portfolio plans.
- Engage and direct property managers in development of operating budgets including capital and leasing plans.
- Oversee property level operating activities including supervision of third party property managers.
- Engage and oversee third party leasing brokers and negotiate leases.
- Provide acquisition input and assistance in due diligence process, including review of financial and operational assumptions.
- Manage coordination of post-acquisition activities and integration of asset into the ownership’s portfolio.
- Assist portfolio manager in the positioning of assets for sale and in the sales/marketing process.
Skills and Competencies:
- All candidates must have a BA or BS degree from an accredited institution, preferably in real estate, finance, business, accounting, economics or related area. Must have strong academic credentials.
- An ideal candidate would have five to eight years of direct real estate industry experience with experience in asset management strongly preferred.
- Computer proficiency with a strong working knowledge of Argus, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Word as well as Adobe Acrobat.
- Strong writing skills as well as verbal interpersonal/communication skills.
- Strong quantitative skills and demonstrated analytical and problem solving ability.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail including an editing eye, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong negotiating skills with the ability to navigate nuance and complexity.
- Ability to function both in a team-oriented setting, and independently.
- Strong sense of personal motivation, responsibility, and entrepreneurship.
- Experience communicating with clients, joint venture partners, construction consultants, brokers, legal and risk management professionals.
- Asset Management
- Financial Analysis
7+ to 10 years
This job is no longer active.