The Bromley Companies is looking for a resourceful, creative, energetic and detailed-oriented leader to fill its Property Manager position. The Manager will have responsibility for the firm’s NYC portfolio and will serve as an integral member of the team. This is an extraordinary opportunity to play a broad, hands-on role in helping to maintain and grow a well-established company with great culture. CANDIDATE MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE IN NYC COMMERCIAL PROPERTY.
The Bromley Companies () is a 40 year-old entrepreneurial, integrated real estate investment and management company based in NYC with 1 million square foot portfolio of office, retail, student housing and industrial properties.
- Proven experience with the administration and management of building staff including establishing operating procedures, overseeing buildings to ensure first rate maintenance and management and possessing strong supervisory skills with a proven track record in staff development and oversight (including the screening, hiring and training of new staff).
- Provide extraordinary tenant service responding promptly to and resolving any tenant issues, review and administer tenant lease provisions, propose and implement building improvements, and make recommendations to correct problems and enhance the positive aspects of each property.
- Establish and manage all building procedures including security, work rules, emergency plans and other related procedures.
- Prepare, manage and monitor building operating and capital budgets and monthly variance reports working with finance and building engineers to adhere to budget or implementing strategies to get back on track.
- Maintain and cultivate a group of high quality 3rd party vendors and service providers to competitively bid various building maintenance and construction projects.
- Extensive knowledge of Union 32BJ contracts and experience with rates, benefits, etc
- Asset management initiatives such as greening/LEED for portfolio and energy consumption reduction.
- Experience managing building construction jobs like Local Law 11, elevator modernization, vault/steel repairs, HVAC units.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5-8 years in commercial management in New York City.
- Undergraduate Degree (Graduate degree preferred) in real estate development, architecture, construction management or mechanical/electrical engineering.
- Excellent knowledge of building systems including structural and mechanical systems.
- Strong interpersonal skills required to interface with tenants, outside brokers, lawyers, contractors, architects and vendors
- Proficient financial analytical skills necessary to create operating and capital budgets.
- Computer savvy including experience with online property management software, construction management software, MS Office, and other related systems software
- Hands-on, inspirational leader who can manage but is also not afraid of getting involved directly to resolve small and big issues alike
- Highly motivated service-oriented self-starter with an outstanding work ethic.
- Strong time management skills capable of prioritizing, organizing and successfully balancing multiple tasks and requests.
- Asset Management
- Property Management
5+ to 7 years
Apply for this job