BioMed Realty, a Blackstone portfolio company, is The Leading Provider of Real Estate Solutions to the Life Science Community®. BioMed Realty is looking for an experienced Investment Analyst to join our San Diego team. The successful candidate will provide financial analysis, modeling and research in support of potential real estate investment opportunities including acquisitions, dispositions and development, and assisting in the preparation of presentations to the Investment Committee.
- Create dynamic underwriting models in Excel and Argus with detailed property level cash flows;
- Prepare ad-hoc financial analysis and industry related research;
- Assist in the preparation of memorandums and presentations to the Executive team;
- Work with various departments including legal, accounting, leasing, development, finance, and property management to aggregate, interpret, and share information used to communicate both externally and internally for potential investments;
- Providing other support to the Investments team as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, accounting or related field, with up to four years of commercial real estate, corporate finance, or investment banking experience;
- Strong experience modeling real estate transactions and understanding of real estate fundamentals;
- Ability to understand and analyze financial statements, leases, and related documents for purposes of forecasting, underwriting, and analyzing tenant credit quality;
- Must be organized and task oriented, able to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment with multiple deadlines, and adapt readily to changing priorities;
- Must have the ability to convey technical information orally and in written correspondence, reports and presentations in a clear and concise manner;
- Must be highly skilled in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint;
- Experience with Argus a plus.
- Financial Analysis
2+ to 5 years