We are looking for an experienced Associate or Vice President-level Balance Sheet Underwriter on behalf of our client, a multi-$billion financial services institution (the “Bank”). In this role, you would support the origination, underwriting and closing of commercial real estate loans for the Bank’s balance sheet. The loans are primarily $5-50M 10-yr fixed rate loans on stabilized, cash flowing properties in diverse asset classes across the US.
Assist with the underwriting and closing of commercial real estate loans
Assist in the preparation of credit presentations to credit committee, including cash flow analysis, risks and strengths, borrower / sponsor review, and market analyses
Review financial operating statements, rent rolls, third party reports, tenant lease agreements, surveys, title reports, zoning reports, property insurance policies, credit reports, and other underwriting due diligence requirements
Perform property site inspections and market research analysis
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Candidate is required to have a BA/BS, ideally in commercial real estate finance, finance or similar
- At least 3-5 years experience underwriting commercial real estate balance sheet loans at a bank, insurance company, debt fund or similar
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Desire to work among a diverse team and be a supportive and collaborative colleague
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively under tight deadlines
- Skills in structuring and planning work, and proactively manage tasks through ebbs and flows in workload
- Strong attention to detail, analytical and accuracy skills
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.