POSITION: Investment Analyst New Development
LOCATION: Atlanta, GA
As an Investment Analyst, you will join the Development team, focusing on identifying, underwriting, acquiring, and managing new multifamily developments throughout the United States.
In your role, you will be expected to make substantial contributions to analysis that will inform the firm s investment decisions. Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Research different markets to understand the local economy, demographic trends, and the overall health of the multifamily market
- Use GIS and Google Earth to identify potential development sites in target markets
- Work with the company s network of brokers to assist in site identification
- Underwrite new development opportunities
- Create investment memos to present opportunities to the firm s internal investment committee as well as external investment partners
- Assist in all aspects of the development process, including project entitlement, architectural and design development, capital raising, construction management, and eventual project disposition
- Help with miscellaneous additional assignments to facilitate the effectiveness of the development team and Cortland as a whole
This is a demanding role. Historically, our most successful hires are driven and willing to do whatever it takes to succeed in an environment that is often ambiguous, requires multitasking, and can be stressful at times. Efficiency and accuracy of your analysis is critical as significant investment decisions will largely be informed by your work product. Candidates should possess the following criteria:
- Strong 0-2+ years of relevant experience
- Bachelor s degree from a top-tier university in a relevant major with an excellent academic track record; please include your college GPA along with any relevant standardized test scores
- Demonstrated interest in real estate, finance, business, or related area with a strong desire to learn
- Capable writer who communicates succinctly
- High Attention to detail
- Strong computer and financial modeling skills particularly with Excel and PowerPoint
- Critical thinker and self-starter capable of accomplishing a task with limited guidance and supervision
- On your resume, please include your college GPA along with any relevant standardized test scores
- Applicants should include a cover letter with their resume
With more than 2,000 employees and 62,000 units and representing over $9 billion in assets under management, Cortland is one of the largest owners and operators of multifamily properties in the United States and internationally.
Cortland is a fully-integrated firm with property and asset management, construction, design and architecture, and investment and development under one roof. The firm is headquartered in Atlanta, GA with seven satellite offices in the United States, London, and Shanghai.
For additional information, please visit our company website at .
Apply for this job