Job Purpose (Job Summary):
This position oversees and executes all real estate transactions for Invesco’s 2 million square feet corporate office portfolio across 60 global locations and reports directly to the Head - Corporate Real Estate. The role impacts overall team and client experience and occupancy expense. Candidate must have excellent communication and organizational skills.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Serves as the primary point-of-contact for internal stakeholders, landlords, property managers, and brokers for all real estate activities related to leasing and property rights matters.
- Manages and tracks expiring lease and option dates. Works collaboratively with business partners to ensure lease portfolio supports business requirements.
- Assists upper management in coordinating decisions for all lease actions, including renewals, relocations, and terminations. Participates in the coordination of new location openings and closings.
- Negotiates lease agreements, including language, terms, and rental conditions.
- Proactively leads site searches and selections while ensuring coordination with the business team. Presents alternatives and recommendations to the business team leaders and other stakeholders.
- Leverages a lease administration system to track lease data, generate reports and analyses, and manage and administer leases.
- Coordinates with various internal departments regarding real estate matters, such as operations, transportation, finance, environmental health and safety, loss protection, risk, and legal.
- Prepares deal overview documents and financial analyses. Ensures transactions move through the internal lease approvals process.
- Manages surplus property leases, subleases, and divestments.
- Develop presentations for internal discussions with Senior Leadership and external parties.
- Benchmark performance of real estate portfolio across industry peers and pertinent internal segmentations, consolidate information, and provide insightful analysis on trends and portfolio metrics.
- Routinely interact and coordinate with senior management, local managers, corporate properties staff globally and with peers in IT, Legal, Finance, Security and procurement.
- Participate in team strategy meetings.
Work Experience / Knowledge:
- 7+ years experience in related field.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of software.
- Technical knowledge of AutoCAD preferable.
- Previous exposure to Facilities Management and Facilities Services.
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required:
- Team player with the ability to coordinate initiatives across different geographic locations.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously; self- starter with strong organizational, detail and problem solving skills.
- Ability to negotiate and influence.
- People oriented and customer service driven.
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to provide creative solutions in sensitive situations
- Ability to read, interpret and understand lease documents
- Excellent written and oral communication skills combined with effective listening and good interpersonal skills in order to effectively communicate with a variety of individuals at all levels
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 7+ years of experience in a related field. Advanced degree may offset less experience in some disciplines.
- Industry certifications preferred.
***To apply for this position please apply directly through the careers section on our website using this link:
FLSA (US Only): Exempt
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time.
Invesco's culture of inclusivity and its commitment to diversity in the workplace are demonstrated through our people practices. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, or veteran status. Our equal opportunity employment efforts comply with all applicable U.S. state and federal laws governing non-discrimination in employment.
- Portfolio Management
7+ to 10 years
This job is no longer active.