SENIOR PROPERTY MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION
Dallas-based, privately held commercial real estate development and investment management company with exceptional performance specializing in value-add and opportunistic real estate investments. With an entrepreneurial spirit and proven 25-year track record across several market cycles they have steadily built up a portfolio of 13 million square feet of industrial and office properties and 3,700 multifamily units located nationally.
The Senior Property Manager will be based in our Chicago, IL office. The Senior Property Manager will be responsible for providing full property management, financial analysis, operational reporting and strategic direction for the management of light industrial assets located in the greater Chicago, IL area.
The activities listed here are not all-inclusive; rather, they indicate the types of activities normally performed by this position. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate core competencies in the following areas:
- Management Operations:
- Ensure that all operational and safety building systems are maintained in accordance with manufacturer’s recommendations, city codes, and the lease agreements, at a level consistent with or above industry standards.
- Identify, recommend, prepare bids, and oversee building improvements, consisting of operational and capital projects, tenant finish construction, and make ready construction.
- Perform routine site inspections of building interior and exterior, document findings, and take corrective action as needed.
- Respond to and handle building maintenance/repair services and improvement projects. Prepare contracts when necessary.
- Contract with and manage vendors for building maintenance/repair services and improvement projects. Prepare contracts when necessary.
- Assist with the acquisition and disposition of properties as it pertains to gathering, assembling, and logging of due diligence information as directed.
- Communicate, implement, and monitor the owners’ vision, strategies, and objectives by preparing annual business plans, operating and capital budgets, policies, and operating procedures.
- Direct building maintenance and contracted service providers, in order to achieve the ownerships’ objectives.
- Customer Service/Tenant Management:
- Develop and maintain a point of contact with each tenant in order to understand and assist with their business objectives, as it relates to their space needs.
- Provide tenant services in a proactive manner for meeting tenant requests within their premises and the buildings’ common areas, in accordance with lease agreements.
- Promote goodwill, provide high-quality service, and implement tenant retention practices.
- Lease administration and regulatory compliance, including abstracting leases and inputting into MRI.
- Financial Performance:
- Identify, collect and reconcile all rents, escalations, and other charges as identified in the lease agreements.
- Assist in preparing and controlling annual budgets for operating and capital expenditures, identify mid-year trends and reforecast, as needed.
- Assist in preparation and collection of annual CAM reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly operating reports, summarizing operational and leasing activity and analyzing variances.
- Manage operating costs and develop appropriate scopes of service for contracted vendors, bidding out services on an appropriate basis.
- All other duties as assigned and associated with the day-to-day operation of a commercial real estate portfolio
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Engineering, Architecture, Planning or related field
- Real Estate license (if required by State)
- CPM, RPA designation preferred
- 5+ years industrial property management experience with significant supervisory responsibility
- Experience with MRI and Avid Xchange software programs preferred
- Detail oriented, analytical and computer literate with proficiency in Word, Excel and Outlook
- Organized with ability to multi-task while keeping track of priorities and maintaining big-picture focus
- A proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service
- Superior communications skills, both verbal and written
- Exceptional analytical ability and “hands on” management experience
- Portfolio Management
- Property Management
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.