The position is responsible for reporting, system maintenance, administration, and support for the Energy and Sustainability Program for all Shorenstein Realty Services (SRS) offices and managed assets consistent with company strategy and goals.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Support Shorenstein's participation in industry programs such as the U.S. Green Building Council, ENERGY STAR, Better Buildings Challenge, and various local sustainability initiatives.
- Support the Sustainability Program Manager in fulfilling corporate ENERGY STAR benchmarking and Environmental Performance Reporting objectives.
- Aid in the development and delivery of LEED training for Property Management staff, as well as LEED data collection and LEED certification applications.
- Support utility management objectives including utility benchmarking and analysis, tenant submetering, and research and evaluation of new technologies.
- Assist with annual sustainability reporting requirements and support public relations objectives.
- Answer questions and provide information to external contractors, Property Management staff, and USGBC staff to ensure timely, efficient, and accurate completion of LEED tasks.
- Assist with the design, maintenance and delivery of sustainability training for new Property Management and Construction employees, as well as training for new employees of other departments as needed.
- Provide excellent customer service to both external and internal customers and act as the primary contact for all Sustainability initiatives and queries.
- Actively participate in the Sustainability Committee.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) in Environmental Studies, Sustainability, Engineering, or a related field from a four-year college or university.
- Demonstrated ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, contracts, or governmental regulations; to abstract information appropriate to SRS operations and apply to policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Ability to pick up new systems quickly.
- Knowledge of sustainability-related initiatives, policies and procedures as evidenced by a 1 year or more of experience, preferably as it applies to commercial real estate.
- Working knowledge of LEED Existing Building ratings system, including credit requirements.
- Working knowledge of ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager.
- Familiarity with GRESB reporting.
- LEED Green Associate or LEED AP credential.
- Corporate Services
1+ to 2 years
This job is no longer active.