Replay Destinations is an innovative and fully integrated real estate development company that works solely in the destination resort and second home sector. We focus our resources and expertise to develop real estate and hospitality assets in unique destinations that are easily accessible and highly sought-after by travelers and second home purchasers.
The Development Manager has overall project responsibility for the planning, development and construction of assigned projects. They are responsible for all aspects of horizontal and vertical condominium, townhome and/or amenity development while adhering to budgets, maintaining construction schedule and achieving an exceptional level of customer satisfaction. They are also responsible for managing the general contractor during the construction process from start to finish.
- Ensure the delivery of the project in accordance with the construction schedule and established closing dates.
- Ensure that pertinent development information is provided to each team member in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the financial success and bottom-line of assigned projects
- Support and implement company systems and policies that enable the project team, (lodging operations, senior management, finance, development, construction, marketing, sales, commercial, consultants and support) to work efficiently and effectively.
- Lead the design development of each project from SDs-CDS
- Review and “sign-off” on the final construction documents and bid sets.
- Provide input and coordinate materials for the Pre-Sales Program.
- Communicate with all designated parties regarding the status of scheduled closings and walk-throughs.
- Coordination with the sales, designer and development teams to ensure options can be selected, ordered and installed without adversely impacting the construction schedule.
- Conduct quality control inspections on all projects under construction daily to ensure all work is in compliance with published plans and quality standards.
- Provide feedback and recommendations regarding ways to improve the construction process as well as value engineering potential savings.
- Maintain good customer relations by communicating with the sales, design and development teams to answer questions and provide construction updates.
- Maintain a courteous, professional demeanor in all dealings with customers.
- Concurrently with the general contractor, inspect all material deliveries to ensure accuracy and quality.
- Provide feedback regarding the selection and quality of trade contractors and suppliers.
- Provide an on-going evaluation of the options selected for each project and their impact on both the construction schedule and customer satisfaction.
- Inspect all trade contractor work and supplier deliveries prior to approving invoices for payment.
- Deliver all projects within the established budget and report to senior management during monthly proforma calls
- Identify and propose methods of reducing building costs, cycle times and general inefficiencies.
- Concurrently with the general contractor, ensure all site personnel comply with OSHA standards by monitoring job sites daily, and promptly notify trade contractors of any violations.
- Enforce all established job site rules, regulations and policies including those outlined in the SWPP plan.
- Maintain updated knowledge of all plans and specifications.
- Maintain records of all changes in the community, such as change orders and/or purchase orders.
- Ensure the project is achieving the approved returns and profit to meet the Proforma requirements.
- Prepare, schedule and conduct all phases of project inspections with various municipalities.
- Must have a minimum 5-year experience as a development manager and/or construction manager in the high-end condominium, hotel or resort market.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in design, construction management and/or a related discipline.
- Possess the ability to communicate effectively with the development team, sales team, municipalities, trades and the end customer.
- Ability to read and understand plans.
- A thorough knowledge of all trades.
- Ability to formally present and explain detailed project plans to stakeholders
- Demonstrate a comprehension of the financial aspects of a project
- Project Management
- Hospitality / Entertainment
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.