Asset Manager - Office Investments
Based on experience
PRP is a privately held real estate investment management company headquartered in Washington, DC. Partnering with institutional investors, our firm executes a variety of core, value add and opportunistic investment strategies in both office and multifamily sectors. PRP is seeking to hire an Asset Manager - Office Investments who will be based in our Washington, DC office. This is a unique opportunity to join a growing firm in helping to manage our expanding 2.5 million SF portfolio of long term leased mission-critical/headquarter office buildings in select markets throughout the U.S.
As Asset Manager - Office Investments, you will work closely with PRP’s senior management team having front-line management, budgeting and reporting responsibility for the financial performance of office assets. The Asset Manager will be responsible for working closely with local property manager(s) ensuring properties are being professionally managed and maintained in accordance with annual budgets and landlord’s lease obligations. Candidates should be self-motivated, proactive, detail-oriented and have a comprehensive, “owner-oriented” approach to optimizing asset value. Additionally, it is important candidates possess strong financial, organizational and communication skills for managing a diverse set of tasks and responsibilities.
Areas of Responsibility
• Ensuring investment objectives are realized throughout ownership life cycle of the asset;
• Developing and coordinating annual business planning approval process (including operating and capital budgets) with PRP, investors and lenders;
• Preparing timely investor reporting (monthly, quarterly, annually) summarizing financial and operating performance of each property relative to business plan;
• Responding to investors and lenders questions and requests for additional information;
• Overseeing and directing property manager(s) to ensure buildings are being professionally managed and maintained in conformance with industry standards, annual budgets and landlord lease obligations;
• Reviewing monthly financial and operating results verifying reporting accuracy and the consistent application of accounting practices across properties;
• Maintaining a comprehensive understanding asset capital structures and relevant partnership, loan and lease agreements;
• Preparing and leading portfolio reviews with PRP management
• Performing financial and investment sensitivity analyses to evaluate impact of various underwriting scenarios on property returns and valuations;
• Identifying and implementing new opportunities for optimizing investment values within asset/portfolio;
• Monitoring insurance compliance among tenants, vendors and contractors.
• Preparing cash forecasts and investor distribution analyses
• Supporting acquisition, disposition and financing activities on an as needed basis;
• two to five years of commercial asset management experience;
• Bachelor’s degree is required, with a graduate degree a plus
• Real estate accounting, financial analysis and property management experience a plus
• Strong analytical and financial modeling skills
• Software knowledge must include MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, ARGUS
• Track record of excelling and being impactful in asset management activities,
• Must be self-motivated, proactive, and detail oriented;
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Superior organizational and time management skills.
Founded in 2005, PRP is a real estate investment management company with a focus on value-add multifamily apartments, office and mission-critical corporate headquarters facilities leased to investment-grade companies on a long-term basis. Founded in 2005, PRP executes value add strategies and asset manages a national portfolio of assets on behalf of its institutional investors, family offices and financial institutions. PRP manages its apartment investments through PRP REM, its property management subsidiary which is solely focused on PRP’s portfolio of apartment properties. PRP has proven expertise in selecting and managing attractive risk adjusted real estate investments located in major markets throughout the United States. Since its formation, the company has invested in 38 assets with a value in excess of $2.5 Billion in all property sectors. PRP is privately held and is headquartered in Washington, DC. PRP is a creative buyer and seller of real estate and considers a variety of equity and debt investment structures. As a dynamic group of highly skilled real estate professionals, we are looking to add talented and exceptional members to our team. We offer lucrative incentive-based compensation programs based upon experience and salary history. Please visit our website to learn more about PRP at
- Asset Management
- Investment Management
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.