Role: Senior Analyst
Company: Universal Standard Housing (USH)
Office location: Downtown Los Angeles
Imagine a world where every home has access to a good life – because, regardless of their income, they love where and how they live. We are committed to making this vision a reality.
Universal Standard Housing (USH) is a fast-growing multi-dimensional enterprise transforming the delivery of housing from the intersection of real estate and automated manufacturing technology. Our company is resolved to relieve the housing shortage in Los Angeles and other major markets by building new, mass appeal homes that households across the income spectrum desire and can afford.
We use our experience and inventive design and construction techniques to quickly build and manage new, amenity-rich, eco-friendly, high quality apartments in neighborhoods that want and need new housing. Coupled with industry-leading branding, marketing, and communications strategies, we are securing a sizable market position to serve a segment with growing demand for our product – a dynamic that will certainly lead to rapid growth for the company and each of the team members that are part of this initial growth phase.
Founded in Los Angeles, USH is currently in a capacity-building stage with expectations to quickly expand to a national footprint. In that process, we expect to double the size of our workforce in the next 12 months, recruiting talented and ambitious professionals across every one of our business divisions, from real estate acquisitions, data science, construction management, design and development, communications, and property management.
About the Role:
Acquisition/Disposition: Provide deal screening support and underwriting, understanding the physical aspects and the market positioning of the opportunity, review and preparation of due diligence items, and coordinating with other team members as relates to successfully acquiring and disposing of the assets.
- Strong analytical and underwriting experience with all aspects of the investment and deal execution process;
- Perform extensive financial modeling, including scenario and sensitivity analyses; Excel modeling, development of sources and uses, discounted cash flows, deal structuring, promoted and carried interests;
- Provide analytical support for evaluating potential acquisitions; coordinate acquisition due diligence and 3rd party reports;
- Assist with asset management, financial reporting, and disposition of assets in the portfolio;
- Write investment memoranda and other documentation to be shared with internal and external deal teams; and
- Assist in securing financing for existing assets and financing for acquisitions; analyze various capital structures to determine best course of action.
2 to 4 years of financial analysis of real estate-based financial models (preferably for Ground-Up Development).
- A bachelor’s degree is required; a master’s degree is preferred
- A strong working knowledge of real estate terminology, asset characteristics, market analysis, and asset-level analysis for major property types.
- Highly skilled in Microsoft Office
- Strong analytical abilities and exceptional work ethic and commitment to excellence
- Ability to communicate ideas (written and verbally) clearly and concisely
- Ability to work independently and responsibly with little supervision and instruction, but also work well in a team-oriented environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Desire to work as part of a small, highly entrepreneurial team
- A Strategic thinker who can break down complex problems into meaningful, actionable steps, set and communicate priorities for his/her team and the rest of the management team
- You know how to ask the right questions and are passionate about using data to support and drive informed business decisions
- Demonstrate and foster a sense of urgency, commitment, and accountability while making sound decisions and achieving goals
- You want to know how things work and aren't afraid to get your hands dirty to find out
- You can identify critical issues and craft practical solutions that enable the creation of sustainable competitive advantage
- High energy, results-oriented, entrepreneurial, self-starter, open, direct, a smart risk-taker
- Ability to deal effectively with ambiguity, change, and adapt appropriately to a range of situations
- Integrity and a strong moral compass as well as passion for innovating our industry
- You are always looking for ways for you and your team to improve
- You will uphold the values and contribute to developing a positive and inclusive company culture, while also being a results-oriented leader
- Financial Analysis
- Alternative Investments
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job