· Facilitates the application and multidisciplinary review process for development applications and ensures compliance with local, state, and federal legal and regulatory requirements.
· Acts as a liaison between developers and City departments to answer questions and identify solutions that balance the need for flexibility while ensuring regulatory compliance and mitigating impacts to the provision of City services and utilities.
· Recommends and assists with the coordination of process improvement efforts intended to maximize efficiency and enhance internal and external communication on development projects.
· Monitors and evaluates the quality, responsiveness, efficiency and effectiveness of the multi-disciplinary team assigned to review development applications, assess fees, issue permits, and inspect construction projects.
· Excellent customer service skills and delivery
· Skilled in interpersonal communication, both written and verbal
· Solutions oriented
· Skilled in gathering and analyzing information and making recommendations based on findings and in support of organizational goals
· Ability to comprehend complicated documents, to include surveys, plats, civil engineering plans, construction plans and specifications, and other similar documents
· Skilled in interpreting and applying applicable code requirements and permitting processes
· Ability to make sound decisions to facilitate diverse projects
· Knowledge of urban planning and development and local government policies and procedures
· Ability to effectively manage and prioritize multiple, concurrent projects
· Skilled in applying independent judgment, personal discretion, and resourcefulness in interpreting and applying guidelines
· Ability to develop and maintain excellent relationships with various stakeholders, co-workers, and customers
· Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office and other software applications
· Adheres to assigned work schedule as outlined in the Department and City attendance policies and procedures; ensures all behaviors comply with the City’s Personnel Rules and Regulations
· Assists with special projects, including the preparation of reports related to departmental activities
· Recommends and assists in the implementation of organizational core values, goals, policies and procedures.
· May be required to attend certain Planning and Zoning Commission and City Council Meetings where action will be taken on assigned projects
· Performs other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications / Acceptable Equivalency:
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in planning, urban design, engineering, architecture, public administration or a related field and six years of relevant work experience; or
Master's degree in planning, urban design, engineering, architecture, public administration or a related field and five years of relevant work experience; or
Any combination of education and experience which may demonstrate proficiency.
Conditions of Employment:
· Must have a valid Class "C" Driver's License prior to employment (must obtain Texas Class "C" driver's license within 30 days of hire per state law)
· Must pass a drug test, driver's license check, criminal history background check, and social security number verification check
o Methods and techniques of expediting community development business activities between private sector and city departments
o Permitting/document management software experience, such as TRAKiT and ProjectDOX
o Operations, services and activities program for an urban planning and development division including contract coordination
o Pertinent Federal, State and local laws, codes and regulations
o Technical design (e.g., designing a site for land development)
- AICP Certification
- Professional Engineer Licensure
- Project Management Professional or Lean Six Sigma Certification
- Project Management
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.