WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Southern’s Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer (“COO”) should have a demonstrated ability to successfully managing multi-family real estate and the key corporate functions that support property management operations and asset management. Southern’s COO will inspire productive teams through a proactive and analytical approach to making astute business decisions. Southern’s COO will bring extensive experience in creating and executing successful business strategies that take advantage of market conditions, while effectively managing risk. Southern’s COO should be an exceptional communicator who can successfully champion Southern to any audience, internal or external.
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU:
- Oversee the management of Southern’s multi-family portfolio and key non-financial corporate functions, including but not limited to: physical asset management; development and construction; quality assurance; human resources; and asset management.
- Leading by example, create a working environment consistent with both Southern’s mission, vision and values and with Southern’s cultural cornerstones.
- Provide inspirational leadership to approximately seven direct reports and their teams, ensuring that they work collaboratively and harmoniously with one another to effectively and efficiently accomplish their individual and collective missions.
- Working with Southern’s senior leadership team, develop an understanding of the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and risks associated with Southern’s current market position and use that understanding to establish appropriate corporate-level goals and the operational-level strategies. Oversee the implementation of Southern’s strategies and initiatives, using both industry best practices and appropriate and timely course corrections to ensure successful outcomes.
- Improve the analytical rigor and data-driven performance metrics that Southern uses to make its business decisions, ensuring that the decision making process is transparent and inclusive.
- Enhance Southern’s culture of continual improvement and thoughtful change, ensuring that it results in the professional development of Southern’s team members and the improvement of both Southern’s operational processes and financial performance.
- Assist Southern’s Chief Financial Officer in creating meaningful financial and operational reports that will assist Southern’s Chief Executive Officer (“CEO”) and leadership team in making well-informed business decisions by providing relevant, accurate and timely information regarding the performance of the real estate portfolio.
- Assist Southern’s CEO in communicating Southern’s strategy and operational results to the investors whose property Southern manages and to the institutions that finance Southern’s portfolio and operations.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor of Arts or Sciences (undergraduate degree in business administration/finance and master of business administration preferred)
- 10-20 years of experience in multi-family real estate with a demonstrated history of consistent successful execution (project management experience preferred)
- Exceptional leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional analytic/problem solving skills and sound judgment
- Exceptional judgment in business and financial matters as evidenced by the demonstrated ability to consistently produce desired financial results in spite of challenging market conditions or operational challenges
- Experience with Yardi and Argus, or similar software
- Sterling character
- Asset Management
- General Management and C-Suite
- Hospitality / Entertainment
More than 15 years
Apply for this job