Brennan Investment Group, a privately-held real estate investment firm headquartered in Chicago, acquires, develops, and operates industrial properties in select major metropolitan markets throughout the United States. Since 2010, Brennan Investment Group has acquired over $4 billion in industrial real estate. The company’s current portfolio spans 29 states and encompasses 44 million square feet.
The Senior Vice President of Asset Management (SVP) will report to the Managing Principal of the Midwest Region (MP) and lead all aspects of property-level operating activities and strategies for the Company’s portfolio of properties in the Midwest, the Company’s largest region. The SVP will be primarily focused on developing and executing property-level strategies to enhance portfolio value throughout the Midwest Region. The properties will be predominantly multi-tenant and single-tenant industrial buildings throughout the top markets in the Midwest including Chicago, Indianapolis, Minneapolis, Milwaukee, Columbus, and Cincinnati. Responsibilities include the development and execution of asset repositioning, operating and leasing strategies, as well as budgeting, financial reporting, investor relations and reporting and tenant relations. The SVP will be supported by an Operations Analyst and will also manage and direct a team of property management and leasing professionals.
The ideal candidate is an effective leader who has experience in asset management, leasing, property management, and financial budgeting within the industrial real estate sector. The candidate should be a self-starter with the ability and expertise to decipher financial and market data to effectively assess the performance of individual assets in the Company’s Midwest industrial portfolio. The ideal candidate can work independently with minimal supervision and is able to thrive in a dynamic environment that is highly entrepreneurial, both strategic and creative, and which requires rapid learning, multitasking and prioritizing under tight deadlines.
- Work closely with MP to develop strategies and tactics necessary to achieve Leasing and Property Management department goals
- Engage with MP to develop asset and portfolio-level business plans and oversee the execution on property operating and capital budgets
- Regularly review, analyze and monitor the financial performance of individual assets and portfolios
- Develop and execute on asset strategies including leasing, sell/hold analyses, and physical improvements
- Collaborate with MP and Executive Director of Investment Underwriting (ED) to develop and execute on capital transactions, including property and/or portfolio dispositions, re-financings, and recapitalizations
- Work collaboratively with MP, Leasing team, and Property Managers to implement asset strategies, manage lease negotiations, and approve leasing transactions
- Prepare monthly and quarterly updates and reports for lenders and joint-venture partners in an efficient and timely manner on asset performance and valuations
- Serve as the primary conduit between joint-venture partners and lenders and the Company’s Senior Management on each asset and portfolio
- Manage and direct the Property Management and Leasing teams to ensure strategy and tactics are executed, as well as foster professional growth and opportunity for career advancement of team members
- Manage and monitor Property Management team on tenant improvement and capital construction progress, budget, and cost overruns, along with approving and facilitating any change orders
- Produce ad-hoc analyses to evaluate the performance of assets – identify and analyze opportunities for value enhancement and cash flow improvement, including lease transactions, refinancing and property dispositions
- Oversee any tenant legal proceedings; help identify problems and opportunities to formulate and execute plans on uncovering cases related to non-payment, illegal, and fraudulent activity at the property and/or tenant level
- Assist Senior Management in developing, creating and delivering business development presentations to existing and/or potential joint-venture partners
- Develop strategies/initiatives to enhance the Company’s relationships and reputation within the industrial brokerage community
- Investigate software/technology to enhance operational efficiency in the Leasing and Property Management departments
- Collaborate with MP to develop tactics and goals to further enhance the Company’s focus on customer service
- Special projects as assigned by MP and/or Senior Management at the Company
- BS/BA in Finance, Real Estate, Economics, Business, or a related field; MBA preferred.
- Progressive career within the commercial real estate industry, with relevant institutional experience. Target experience level is 10+ years in functions including asset/portfolio management, leasing, and property management, with a demonstrated track record of increasing responsibility. Industrial experience is a plus.
- Effective leadership capabilities and a team-oriented mindset
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint. Experience with Argus Enterprise is a plus
- Proficiency in understanding discounted cash flow models, variance analyses, net effective comparative analyses, and Argus Enterprise outputs
- Ability and willingness to travel to Midwest Portfolio assets and portfolios
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to liaise effectively between Senior Management, joint-venture partners, lenders, and internal teammates
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter along with resume and may do so via SelectLeaders posting or directly to careers at brennanllc.com.
- Asset Management
- Property Management
10+ to 15 years
Apply for this job