Title: Property Accountant
Location: Santa Ana, CA
This position will perform the day-to-day activities of property accountant for a portfolio of Southern California commercial properties to ensure a high-quality standard of financial management and reporting at each property.
- Ensure established deadlines are met.
- Deposit checks to banks via remote desktop scanning.
- Post receipts into the property management/accounting system.
- Create and post journal entries to adjust financial statements as needed.
- Process accounts payable checks.
- Enter tenant lease data into the property management/accounting system.
- Produce accurate financial statements monthly or quarterly as required.
- Analyze and explain budget variances and discrepancies.
- Perform monthly bank account reconciliations.
- Perform monthly or quarterly close as required.
- Process property tax payments.
- Calculate and reconcile tenant CAM obligations.
- Work with property management staff to calculate and post accurate charges to tenants’ accounts.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Position requires an experienced and proven property accountant with an established track record of success. Specific requirements include:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- A minimum three years experience in an accountant position in commercial real estate.
- Solid understanding of GAAP accounting procedures.
- Outgoing, confident, and likable personality with ability to work and communicate well with clients, fellow staff members, vendors and internal/external stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong orientation to details.
- Accounting / Control
- Financial Analysis
1+ to 2 years
Apply for this job