Architectural Design Manager:
City Century is looking for a proactive and enthusiastic Design Manager to manage entitlement process, SD/DD/CD/CA phase and permitting & plan check process for the firms projects.
This position is Full Time and the successful candidate should have experience in similar positions in an Architectural Firm or Development Firm.
Candidates should have Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills;
You will be working on the high profile Olympia Project consisting of 3 high-rise buildings located in downtown LA.
Bachelor s Degree in Architecture
5-8 Years of Experience in Architecture
2-4 Years of Experience in Project Management
City of Los Angeles / LADBS & City Planning Experience is a Big Plus
Design-Build Experience is a plus
PMP accreditation is a plus
Job Specific Qualifications
- Applies sound and diverse knowledge of architecture principles and practices in broad array of assignments and related fields
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Understand contractual liabilities as they relate to projects including fee calculations
- Ability to write and edit specifications
- Works well with others
- Willingness and hunger for expansion of knowledge (LEED/Sustainable Certification, licensure, etc.)
- Has full responsibility for managing all aspects of design including entitlements, design development, permitting and plan check
- Prepares strategic plans for project success
- Responsible for the coordination of all project efforts, administrative and technical, to ensure the most efficient and cost-effective execution of assigned projects.
- Serves as the primary liaison to bring the schedule, budgets, and scope of work to completion and to the company s satisfaction
- Actively manages project budgets, schedules, and programs; project communications and documentation; office administrative tasks; and project team assignments
- Review fees, determines scope of work, and prepares proposals and contracts
- Supervise and manage up to architectural & engineering team members for all phases of projects
- Resolve issues related to team members and consultants
- Support senior project manager and/or principal in supervision and delegation of work
- Negotiate contracts and fees with consultants
- Prepare and manage work plans, schedules, budgets, staffing projections, and fees for in-house projects, and review and approve billing
- Review documents for code compliance in all phases and issue code interpretations
- Review cost estimates and conduct value analysis
- Supervise and resolve issues in preparation of construction documents
- Responsible for the completeness of the specifications
Experience with Revit, AutoCAD, Bluebeam Revu, InDesign, Projects, PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
Salary and Benefits
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
- Architecture / Design
Apply for this job